Latest pic of the mongrel

As I didn't take my camera to the car show yesterday, I figured I'd just leech off others, and finally found my car on another forum. :D

What's different? Well, ummm not much - missing the bumper panel by nearside fog still as local scrappy fabias were both sans-panel. I suppose the tarty alloy caps are new(ish) She was looking nice and squeaky clean all day. :) (and there's me lounging in my passenger seat again :rofl: )

P7290682-1.jpg

Hate the handle covers though. Would like to see them body coloured! :thumbup:

It's a plan. ;) Guess all that needs is some primer and a can of diamond silver. :cool: Hopefully the door handles can be taken out without removing the door card. :)

Looking good Jason, but not a fan of where the stickers are either...

If you can get the handles off and re-fitted without troubling the door cards, let me know will you ;)

Steve

I think that you can get the handles out if you undo the big torx bolt above the catch on the edge of the door. Slide the handle back and lift it out. Dead easy!

Cheers for that. Shaun L actually PM'd me a great link as well, with steps and photos. Will come in really handy. It's part of a larger guide, but steps 17-23 show the door handle procedure:

VWvortex Forums: DIY - Replacing the front door window regulator clips and/or door lock module

Steve

Bloke on the far right, just nearly out of shot in the picture; reckon he's thinking "Where's the bloody battery gone?!" :D

Not a huge fan of stickers either but the mongrel is looking excellent :)

Merci, Steve. :cool:

I feel a liberal use of diamond silver metallic coming on. :rofl:

No worries :)

I'm pondering mine now, even if mine do already blend in pretty well with the black car!

Thinking a set from the scrappies in case it all goes Pete Tong, then what about roughing them up and applying primer? Grade of paper to use etc. So now I'm wondering if there's a guide for actually painting them! :rofl:

Steve

I imagine primer will coat the smooth handles as normal - Doubt any roughing up would be needed. I should imagine a good degreasing is a must. Whilst the handles are out, it might give me the chance to t-cut the multitude of scratches behind both door handles, but especially the drivers side. It's awful :o

Now there's an idea :thumbup: - I do have a few myself....

Out will come the PC, some Mezerna IP and a 4.5" orange pad for mine :D T-Cut? Pah! :P ;)

Steve