Black engine cover

Mine seems to be quite loose after it's return from a service. I can move the engine cover quite alot and I wondered if this is cause of a rattle, vibration at 1500-1800 rpm?.

How tight should the cover be when in place ie: should it move up and down to allow for movement from the engine or should it be tightly screwed in place?.

Thought i'd ask before comencing tighten of screw.

Thanks.

I thought the cover was just pushed on? Oh, and there should be practically no movement when it's on :D

Chris

It's quite alarming how much it does move. Thanks will tighten up and hopefully the vibration will disappear.:thumbup:

There are two rubber mounts at the front

see picture of underside at:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/attachments/15299d1181145213-engine_cover_underside.jpg

- they push on to two metal ball-shaped posts. On mine the whole rubber mount had slipped out of the plastic cover on one side and felt very loose. I suggest you take it off completely and make sure the rubber parts are fully inserted into the cover. Just pull up sharply from both front corners and slide towards the front of the car.

^^^What he said....

• 3 months later...
Hi,

I have tried to remove the engine cover on my fabia 1.4 16v 2001 , but not sure on how to do it, do you have anymore advice or immages on how to proceed?

Thanks

I think that you will find that if there are no signs of fixing screws hiding under trim caps, the way to remove the cover is to grab it at the front - both sides, and lift it firmly - it should pop off the push-on "buttons", next do the same with the rear - both sides, and lift it firmly, next remove the small rubber pipe at the lower left hand side followed by the larger rubber pipe at the lower right hand side - now the cover can be removed from the car.