143,000 Miles on the Clock............

Thats nice mileage for a 1.3! If looked after they do tend to just keep on going.

One of my favorits had 133k on the clock when I smashed it up! My dad ran his to well over 120k and likewise with my friend who bought it off him! :)

aparently

with the 1.6 they were used by taxi drivers who had over 500,000 miles on the clock yes 5 hundred thousand miles!

They had new clutches and other bits, but thats very good for a motor!

Must be because vw build parts that last!

The 75bhp AEE engine is bulletproof. I don't think the motor would ever blow up! I had a 1.6 AEE Polo with 100k on it, and the engine was like brand new. :)

My 1.3 mpi is just about to click over onto 100,000 miles. Not without 1 or 2 problems mind. Ive been through a few exhausts, throttle body went just out of warranty, but still on original clutch and major mechanicals.

how many kilometres are 143.000 miles?

my skoda felicia 1998 is driven 78.210km

and i'd love to know how much "might"

be left of it....

78210 km = 48597.4 miles

another 152887 km to go :)

The 3 letters is the engine code. My PD130 in Patsy is a AWX, the 06 on Fabia vRS is BLT, the 1.6 Felly is AEE. Nothing more complicated than that! :)

The 75bhp AEE engine is bulletproof. I don't think the motor would ever blow up! I had a 1.6 AEE Polo with 100k on it, and the engine was like brand new. :)

:iagree: it's a tough little engine, and virtually nothing on it is overstressed in standard form, the only possible place i can see for an improvement is the con rods, they aren't the strongest, but they are more than adequate for the task when the engine is stock:D