As lfc958 is on Holiday, thought I would post this,

The next Maidstone meet is

Date - Friday 7th September 07

Time - 7:30pm - 8 pm

Location - White Rabbit Maidstone.

Link with map; Innkeeper's Lodge

All newcomers and regulars welcome.

Hi there,

As it says all newcomers are welcome, can I suggest you let the bar staff know where you will be sitting?

I went along to my first Maidstone meet on Friday evening on my own (I had planned to go with a mate who's been a few times before but he couldn't make it in the end) and saw several Briskoda members' cars in the car park but despite asking several staff behind the bar, they knew nothing of a Car Club meeting taking place.

I even went round at least half a dozen tables inside and outside asking if any of them were Briskoda members but other than getting some smart alec comments back, nobody could point me in your direction.

Having never been to the White Rabbit before, I didn't realise how big a venue it is. If I had known how difficult it would be to find the Briskoda "table", I would have posted on the forum asking you to look out for me (mine was the only Furby vRS SE in the car park) to save me the hassle.

I would certainly suggest to any newcomers that they post on the forum before going to make sure at least one of the regulars looks out for you to ensure a welcome is extended.

Shame I didn't get to meet up with those that went. I couldn't make the July meeting as I was working at Silverstone on the British Grand Prix and can't make the September meet either as I am competing on a Historic Rally in Belgium.

Might try again for the October meeting. Will make sure I post beforehand as I don't fancy another "Billy No-mates" experience.

Sorry we missed you, We did see you turn round just in front of the Garden,

We were out in the Garden with the two tables joined together, and Two Briskoda fleece's were being worn.

I will let the Bar staff know for the next events,

Look forward to seeing you in October.

Pity Rob didnt speak to the manageress as she seems to know us :(

I will be back for the October meet, and we will get a table together inside, either the Far Left (preferable) or far right room.

As i now own a Skoda and live in Ashford i think i shall pop along to this meet if you guys have no objections. Attached is a picture of my new car so you can all wave/holla/shout at me so i know who you all are. lol.

See you soon.

Garry

n754366998_380033_1396.jpg

Cheers Mike shall see you their. Its a nice drive from Ashford to Maidstone up the A20 so should be fun. Still getting used to the car (came from a 1.0 Mk2 Polo :S) so please dont laugh at my attempting to park up, lol.

See you all their.

Regards

Garry

so please dont laugh at my attempting to park up, lol.

Regards

Garry

VRStu alert...............................................Stu another danger area:D

Go on then, point and laugh, im ready, lol.

So what happend to VRStu then?

Regards

Garry

At a meet a few months ago another member accidentally backed into Stu's car. All sorted out now I believe, but said member is having the 'I'll pack the fag lighter reversing censors' jokes.

Don't worry, there is a fair bit of space in the White Rabbit car park, and you can always use your imagination ;) if there isn't.

Look forward to seeing you. And Mrs Bernedatta, by you posting in this thread, is there a chance you will be gracing us with your presents?

At a meet a few months ago another member accidentally backed into Stu's car. All sorted out now I believe, but said member is having the 'I'll pack the fag lighter reversing censors' jokes.

Don't worry, there is a fair bit of space in the White Rabbit car park, and you can always use your imagination ;) if there isn't.

Look forward to seeing you. And Mrs Bernedatta, by you posting in this thread, is there a chance you will be gracing us with your presents?

Sorry Emms, but we will be away for the weekend and not about until Sunday evening, anyway its a long, long way to go from here just for a pint.

How's the cow milking competition going, whats the venue, Hays Hill farm...???:D

A very tentative suggestion. Have been chatting to our dear Emily on msn about the possibility of a pre Czech trip meet at one of your shindigs in Maidstone (as it will be on route to Dover for just about everyone) but it the date would mean it being Tuesday 12th Sept.

PLEASE don't see this as an attempted hi-jack, but it was just a thought that might have some mileage in it.

That will be nice Steve :)

The boat leaves at 2am ish :rofl::D

Thats ok if it is Friday / Sat I am only 5 mins from the port.

Mike it it worth putting up a separate thread for this ?

I've done a quick straw poll on a pre meet for Czech but it seems that most want to make a bee line straight for the port which is understandable considering the distances involved.