Best budget tyres?

Hello all.

I need some decent tyres for my vRS on a budget... I realise people will say yadda yadda good tyres you wont regret but tbh I don't go hurtling into corners at speed but want something that won't wear quickly, have a decent amount of grip but be ideally under

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have experiance of the falkens, they are cracking tyres, very good, and I'd reccomend.... I have also used (and have on the fiat at the front) federal, these I got cheap from my local tyre place, and are a good tyre (especially in heavy rain) the compair favorably with the expensive brands I've used, and I believe they are reccomended on scoobynet as a decent budget tyre! both are available as XL (extra load) which I'd reccomend due to the stronger sidewalls :)

Hankook Ventus for me - 6k into them, very good wet and dry grip and quieter and less rumbly than Pirellis that were on the car. Wear - too soon to tell but still over 1/2 by the looks.

Someone else on Brisky runs them on vRS and rates them too.

I'll need to pick up 4 tyres sooner rather then later, am using Dunlop sport 9000's at the min but I just use my car to do a bit of traveling and going to work (I have a motorbike for that need for speed). On my gone but not forgotten Golf Gti I picked up some rather tasty looking tyres called Millenium which according to the garage were made by an Avon sister company. They were about

well my sister was in a car crash a couple of years ago which really came down the fact that the car she was in was fitted with Nankangs which had barely worn in. So I won't be buying unknown brands myself for personal reasons.

Thats one place I would never use a really cheap tyre. My first set of track wheels had 4 different barely legal tyres of arious cheap origins. The result was afer two laps of Coomb in I thought I was driving on liquid rubber.

I ended spending that much time off line they picked up more rubber than they lost !!