Bahrain Grand Prix

MJR

Any comments on the first grand prix to be held in Bahrain?

I thought it was the best GP of the season, with plenty of action throughout the field (apart from the first 2 places). Another great drive from Jensen Button for his second podium finish of the season. The new circuit was interesting and encouraged lots of overtaking - well done to all the people involved in building it in 16 months!!

:thumbup:

I was almost excited before the start , with all the talk about sand being blown onto the track , and the possibility of rain , and high winds blowing cars off line ........................all a lot of hype I reckon , just so as you would watch another 1,2 parade for the Ferrari's !...............although I did paint the spare room today , not quite sure which was the most exciting , watching the paint dry or watching the Grand Prizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !

Although it was a Ferrari 1-2 it wasn't a precession like the Oz GP. The actual race was entertaining and the TV director did a pretty good job concentrating on the action. As for rain, I heard about that in the pre-race blurb, I thought Bahrain was in a dessert?

Any comments on the first grand prix to be held in Bahrain?

Not bad at all.

The first two places were predictable enough but behind that there was a fair amount going on which the race director managed to show a lot of. Considering how long it took them to build the track from scratch I was very impressed.

I think that had the weather been different then it would have been far less certain a result.

in a dessert? - there was lots of sand but I don't remember any ice cream...? :P :rofl:

(sorry for that one)

I did watch it and I guess it was OK, a bit more hustle and bustle and another good drive from Jensen it was more like most grand prix's now, dominated by Ferrari. Somethin's gotta put a stop to it and get a bit more competition. :(

Thought it was the most characterless track of the lot. Ok so the track is wider than most but tight corners after long straights just gove power races..where are the high speed corners that reward the brave?

I admit the Ferrari have it by the short and curlies, and I dont agree with changing formats to stop the domination by 1 team, but F1 is so boring I have trouble staying awake during the races.

I still maintain going back to the old scheme of just 1 tank of fuel and no in-race refuelling to be the better bet.

It's unfortunate for Ferrari in my opinion, and Michael Shumacher for that matter. Instead of slagging shuey for being the best, he should be congratulated. It's just a shame that the other teams just can't perform to ferrari (or michaels) standards. Gotta say he IS the best driver out there. Glad I had Jenson backed with william hill though - an each way at 17-1. !! Great stuff, nice to see all the 'other' teams are fighting it out.

We are witnessing history in the making,, Micheal Schumacher is the best F1

driver .. perhaps of all time.. he has seen other champs come and go..

He has also seen off all the challengers so far... Montoya, Alsonso Now BUTTON.. Here we go the Bristish Press are building him up as the next MS

Behave .. 2, 3rd places.. its good but lets be realistic!! DC is doing a better job than Kimi,, Montoya and Ralf are to busy arguing.. Alonso etc are not consistant enough..

Its up to Williams, Mclaren, Montoya, ALonso, etc to beat Ferrari and Schuey

in a straight fight.. for a complete season..

If Schuey retires before this happens then any future drivers champ will have to contend with, they would not be there if Schuey was still driving..

As he has said he has got nothing left to prove... 7 or 8 WC??

Carry one I'm enjoying every second!!

Dazz.. :thumbup: