SWMBO has looked at Skoda Felicia 1.3 Popular on W Reg not sure if these came with PAS as all cars she has driven have had PAS.

Also what BHP engine did the Popular have.

Is there anything in particular that needs to be checked at on the felicias? Although I'm confident that the car will check out as it is one owner with full service history and 60,000 miles?

As you probably gather, the popular is the basic model, i'm pretty sure that it does not have power steering and is the low compression engine giving out 54 bhp, hopefully a forum popular owner will come along and confirm or deny this.

As you probably gather, the popular is the basic model, i'm pretty sure that it does not have power steering and is the low compression engine giving out 54 bhp, hopefully a forum popular owner will come along and confirm or deny this.

MMM I don't think SWMBO will go for this one especially with the low BHP and lack of power steering. She's got use to driving my current car with 1.6 engine and 110 BHP.:thumbdwn:

Anyway I would like her to have a car with a little bit of go in:D

Try finding a post facelift (1997) 1.6. Only 75bhp but in GLX spec its not to bad and it goes quite well.

Andy

Thanks for the surggestion.

What is the realife economy of 1300 against the 1600 around town and on motorways?

SWMBO has also shown a liking for the Fabia but I don't know if this will come with in our budget of

The Felicia 1.3lxi is only 68 bhp, you have to work the engine but it likes being worked and it goes pretty well. I average between 40 and 50mpg, so it is quite frugal.

You should find a Fabia for your budget, you'll just have to look a little harder for it.

The Felicia 1.3lxi is only 68 bhp, you have to work the engine but it likes being worked and it goes pretty well. I average between 40 and 50mpg, so it is quite frugal.

You should find a Fabia for your budget, you'll just have to look a little harder for it.

Are starting to look for Fabia preferably an estate model but agree these are little hard to find albeit autotrader does have one in Fantasy green (:sick::sick:) much prefer cayene red

If we went for the estate what would be the best engine size to go for within our budget.

You should be able to get a cheap fabia in your budget. the Felicia is still a good car by todays standards, as Harry Hill said what about a 1.6? I wouldn't go back to a 1.3 after having two 1.6's