'status update' on my car..

WW_VRS

They 'lost' the car :mad:

Called them up today to find out what's going on, as I'm waiting for a status update - I was told it would be checked over on Tuesday, so thought ok, let's give the garage a buzz.

Didn't have details so ring up insurance, get full address of garage which is about 16 miles from where I live (which is odd as I have on across the road from me at the industrial estate that did an excellent job on my Rover at the time, years back). Don't mind that too much though.

So ring up the garage involved, seem nice and friendly, ask about my car - never heard of your name (which tends to be a bad sign :o ) - nope no Fabia here :eek:

Back onto the insurer, double checked I was not insane on the garage details and that they hadnt given out the wrong one - guess what, they thought it was there too... Surprise surprise.. So now I'm in Holland trying to chase after where my car is. Muppets :mad:

They had better get back to me today...:finger:

Took me about 10 minutes to recover where it was - it's still at the place where it was originally recovered too... BIG oops.

Called insurance to let them know - there is a supervisor looking into it now.

12 quid a day storage charges, and no progress. They are already apologising to me :rofl:

Giving chase is so much fun - whilst trying to get hold of the police the insurance rang back, so missed that, now they'll try to call me back again.

Once that's done I can try police again on a different number :P

I just can't believe they thought they'd picked it up, surely you can tell by the storage charges from the old place + lack of paperwork from the new one ;)

Also getting hold of police was not possible due to the officer being on holiday. Does kinda explain why he didnt ring me back though in his defence :rofl:

No police report available yet, will have to wait till the guy gets back I suppose.

Car getting picked up tomorrow now..

Customer satisfaction Survey, if I wanted to do that (on International Rate, Peak Rate, from Holland, 3 minutes) - nope not entirely interested right now as I've spent about half an hour on the darn mobi today chasing :P

Will do a CSS when I get back to the UK though ;)

*updated update*

The first recovery company has now been instructed to take the vehicle to the new one. The new one called me back to let me know as they had my details on file after I requested info on any updates in the situation.

Should have the car there tomorrow now & they'll update me going forward with how good/bad it is looking regards the vehicle being written off or not.

What a pain :P - at least things are going to be back on track!

Yeah the 'lets do the how happy you are with us' thing at probably 40pence/minute (charged to my company but they'll complain if it goes too crazy) kinda annoyed me.

Was on the phone for a good half hour I reckon :(

Yours :P ;)

Hope you get things sorted soon though, sounded like you had quite a lot more of a nasty accident though :(

Yep. I went to collect a few belongings from the car, only to be told that they didn't have it!

It was still at the recovery garage, accumalating storage costs!:rolleyes:

The car has been declared a total loss now & I've been given a settlement offer.

years ago when i had a rover i made them drop off what was left of it at my girlfriends mothers house so I could get my belongings out of it (plus alarm immoboliser) and save on storeage charges. They had to run over her hedge to get the flatbed onto the garden and when the car transporter came to take the car away (once written off) he reversed on, over what was left of the hedge and punctured the tyre :lol: he was happy as he wanted a kip and it made my day too. GF's mother was going ballistic all the way through the dumping and removing of the car ;)

Hi Nick, here's the original thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/fabia/car-crash/86078/

Suffice to say a crash was involved on 3rd of Aug, no-one was hurt :)

How bizarre. Bad luck - glad you're OK. Be interesting to find out what happened. Does sound a bit like a vacuum failure or servo died.