Few Questions About Octavia VRS Remap Boost Controller etc

RichB86

Ive asked this in my thread in the classifieds but though id get more of a responce here.

im looking at car and one has come up with a jabba remap and boost controller.

i have few questions about the mods on the car.

what is variable boost control? does it just vary the pressure from the turbo and is that built into the map? is it say setup to the max safe map, and allows me to turn it down when i want some economy or am on motorway cruise?

how much will the remap affect its life span? and general running? as ill be running the car for at least 4years.

Guess im just wary that if its been remapped it'll of been driven hard before i bought it so dont know if it'll of been looked after to well.

Cheers in advance

RichB

what is variable boost control? does it just vary the pressure from the turbo and is that built into the map? is it say setup to the max safe map, and allows me to turn it down when i want some economy or am on motorway cruise?

Thats about it in a nutshell. The boost controller is a rotary kn0b, that you use to adjust boost from full on performance to stock performance. As an added benefit, the kn0b can be removed and replaced with a connector that locks the car on standard boost which could be ideal for servicing.

how much will the remap affect its life span? and general running? as ill be running the car for at least 4years.

All remaps will affect engine life to some extent. My old one was remapped for 4 years before being sold, and at least one car on here was mapped from new and was sold still working with more than 150,000 on the clock.

With the Jabba boost controller you get 2 maps....max and min.

Min is a little more than standard.

The idea of controller is that you can vary the boost for different conditions e.g. turn it down when ambient is high to get better response or, to use unleaded fuel or when having the car serviced.

Generally most people leave in max but I had mine typically set half way and then, max for when I wanted to play.

When I had the IHI conversion I left it in min for everyday driving as 280bhp was more than enough. ;)

does the boost controller get placed in the car then im guessing? does it plug in like the revo box or is it constantly connected?

Its a small knnob discreetly hidden to the right of the steering wheel that you can turn to your preferences, its a bit like a dimmer switch on a domestic light

cool i was worried it was going to be some bright blue neon lit **** that was just stuck somewhere random and looked chavvy.

No probs, its actually incredibly subtle & many people wont even notice it.

IMO the Jabba map transforms the car & makes it the car it always should have been, once youve driven a mapped one you will never want a stock one again. Generally it should have little effect on the main mechanicals, Im assuming you are talking about a 1.8T, this can take over 300 bhp on stock internals & I have prooved that it takes 350 bhp to break the gearbox. The only thing that will probably have its life shortened is the clutch but this is very dependant on how its driven (& of couse the tyres but the :D :D :D are worth it)

No probs, its actually incredibly subtle & many people wont even notice it.

IMO the Jabba map transforms the car & makes it the car it always should have been, once youve driven a mapped one you will never want a stock one again. Generally it should have little effect on the main mechanicals, Im assuming you are talking about a 1.8T, this can take over 300 bhp on stock internals & I have prooved that it takes 350 bhp to break the gearbox. The only thing that will probably have its life shortened is the clutch but this is very dependant on how its driven (& of couse the tyres but the :D :D :D are worth it)

Stu you know I quite comfortably ran on stock internals for mine.....but it took a Cloggy with size 13 feet to break the box. ;)