Estate with flexiboot - which boot protector?

Hi guys, I pick up the new car tomorrow and as I specified the flexible boot option (just a covered compartment in the boot floor) I was wondering which Skoda solution I would buy to protect the cargo area - obviously it needs to allow for the false floor of the flexiboot setup; ideally something rubberised.

Any help would be appreciated as I plan to start using it for 'work' asap.

Cheers,

Lee

Mannyo - I may well be wrong then - Im new to the Octy 2 scene (but still cant be parted from my Mk 1!!)

JUst this second spoke to the dealer and he confirmed your thoughts - only one available so if you want to get to the underfloor bit I guess you have to remove the liner and its contents?!

Lee

I think you are right, and have to remove the liner to access the lower floor.

It gets more complicated, because the variable floor does a lot more than provide 2 levels, the upper floor can be opened in various different positions to allow you to carry loads in different ways.

It gets more complicated, because the variable floor does a lot more than provide 2 levels, the upper floor can be opened in various different positions to allow you to carry loads in different ways.

Oooo, that sounds very useful. Really looking forward to picking it up now (and I've still not had confirmation that the funds have cleared yet!!!) :o:rolleyes:

Be warned theres 2 types of liner that I have seen, a good quality rubber one and then a Plastic type one which DOESN'T sit aswell (The rubber one I seen in a Hatch and the Plastic in an estate)

I have an Elegance estate thus having the variable floor. Be aware that this doesn't cover the whole floor. If you place a straight edge along one side of the boot from the front to the tailgate you will note a gap either side by the tailgate. The box does the same leaving a space 470L x 80W x 120 deep on both sides. I doubt you will get a cover to fit.

I find this space a dream for safely carrying wine bottles - made for it.:thumbup::D

It is easy to remove this box with no tools required. 2 chrome turnscrews on the top removes the lid and a large plastic turnscrew in the aforementioned spaces will allow the sides to be pulled out. There is no mat underneath to cover the area but at least a rubber or plastic mat, made for the estate, will now fit properly.