Going to look at Felicia today...

I am off this afternoom to go and look at a 99/S Felicia 1.6 SLXi, done 90k, in met silver, long MOT and from a trader.

I know I need to check rear arches, sills and tailgate for rust and inside the boot for rust and damp.

Check the sunroof for leaks and front foot wells for damp.

Also the engine idling as the throttle bodies are prone to fail on them. Oh and check the headlight adjusters work as they can fail.

Il obviously check all other electrics and do all the usual checks.

Can anyone think of anything else before I go?

Regards,

Alex

steering/wheel suspension: worn balljoints. Could be found on all cars of course, but according to statistics from Swedish MOT tests more often on Fellies than on the average car.

Thermostat and mounting: check that temperature meter behaves normally.

If the car looks sound there should be a lot of cheap mileage left!

Bar-stewards!!! I phoned them up before i set off and they told me one of their technicians had used it to drive home in, and its not back until monday. Its a bit of a journey for me so il have to go monday after work, by the time I get there it might be dark which means I wont get a proper viewing of the car. :mad:

Damn fools, never heard of anything like it, workers using company assets as thier own personal runarounds, very unprofessional!

• 3 weeks later...
and relisted yet again due to a time waster

It must be in an even worse condition than i thought

edit: has now been withdrawn from sale

...I wasnt the timewaster as I only bid to £700 and it didnt meet the reserve. Im not interested now as I have bought a very nice white Favorit GLXie, only cost me £150 Tax&tested, 76k on clock, unmarked interior, tidy exterior with a few rust bubbles.

Just fitted a full stainless 2'' decat system and felicia strut brace, goes like stink for a 1300!

I shall be doing a fair few modifications so the Fav will become a competant track car around oulton park and curborough :o)

Felicia strut brace sounds an interesting mod, never considered it myself. Might have to see if I can get hold of one.

...I got my brace from a breaker's yard, £15, off in 2 minutes. 4 13mm bolts, and 4 washers, 2 either side, when they are off it just comes away with no trouble. However, fitting it to the Fav I found it harder to fit, you have to undo the washer bottle bracket and then smack it into place. Again, not that hard, took a few minutes. If you want to throw money away buy an alloy polished Sparco strut brace made for the felicia/favorit, they are £65.

have you had the exhaust custom made? if so how much £££?

My exhaust was £300. Powerflow 2'' bore from manifold back with decat pipe and a 3'' backbox with a single outwardly rolled tail pipe.

At first I asked for a striaght through system, but I told them it musnt be louder than 101db (for track use) they had to fit a small middle silencer which got it down to 88db. The difference is amazing, some of you might think its foolish to spend £300 on a system, but the results on the M54 on the way home were well worth it! :o)

are you guna try and get some of the pro-flex shocks? or try and inport some of the HP race ones?

...Hi Pinksud, Il be after the HP kit (I think). I havent seen the Proflex shocks, are they of Czech origin too? How much lowered is your Felly mate?

has now been withdrawn from sale

It's up and down like a yoyo

now back for sale again

*+* SKODA FELICIA ESTATE LAURIN & KLEMENT SP/EDITION*+* - eBay Skoda, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 13-Oct-07 20:44:17 BST)

comes with nearly a year M.O.T, the expirey date is the 30 th May 2008
that's only 8 months by my reckoning

Bobob, it would make a good spares car, the reason the guy wants so much for it is because he had a stainless exhaust fitted, thats a few hundred quid alone, then the clutch and rest of engine work, hes probably selling due to the exterior condition rather than anything mechanical.

I was just going to buy it as a spares car so didnt want to spend what he is asking for.

If someone really wants the L&K bits and can beat him down I think all the bits are worth £400:-

- 14'' BBS special L&K alloys

- Full grey leather heated seats/interior

- Stainless exhaust system

- Low mileage engine with many new parts

Its not as if you will see an L&K in the scrappers or being broken on ebay/forum etc.

Bobob, it would make a good spares car

I agree. The problem is people are buying this car and not completing the sale, Why?

or the fact that he keeps offering it for sale and then withdrawing it when it's not doing too well.

The parts may well be worth £400 but the remainder in its present state is worth very little.

The latest listing has no reserve, i'll put money on it that the item is withdrawn again.

It could be that the seller is messing people around until he gets the price he wants. He's happy enough to withdraw the item and re-list it so I see no reason he wouldn't put some story together to the winning bidder, sold elsewhere etc. Only thing I can imagine is that the rust is more substantial than may be thought from the description, although I would view a car before bidding rather than bid, look and walk away.

Wonder how much it's costing him in ebay listing and sale fees?

I woudn't buy it,

Its a piece of crap, there is no car left its just rust!

ohhh its a special edition so that makes it worth sooooo much

NO its how you look after it!

A good polish helps keep the rust at bay!

Mine is the same age and is 100 times better than THAT rust bucket!

That front wing looks nasty!

The rear wheelarches aren't shown either and i bet they are dodgy!

Mind you the metal on a felly is thicker than most cars so can usually be rubbed down ok and repainted. This is unlike a Rover i had with metal like tracing paper!!