New & Looking for opinions

benny oopz

Hi Guys,

Currently driving a Polo GTI and looking to up grade.

Thinking of getting a vRS. I found from looking on the Polo forums that there was a fair amount to lookout for on the GTI.

So I thought I'd check if you could share your knowledge on any issues or problems to look out for on the vRS. (sorry if there already a thread for this).

Also I've seen a 55 plate vRS with 22,000 on the clock for £9,995. Is this a good deal???

Thanks in advance.

Sounds ok, I'm getting a 54 plate, 29,000 miles for £8495 so yours sounds about right. (ps, mine's a dealer sourced one with a service, year's warranty, tax etc)

I've had to read your second line a few times, a VW driver "upgrading" to a Skoda! :confused: :D

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Pre-06 vRS shouldn't have the "stutter", which can affect performance; and all Fabias can suffer from leaky doors. They're the only two things I can think of off the top of my head...

Welcome to Briskoda, by the way! :wavey:

Sounds ok, I'm getting a 54 plate, 29,000 miles for £8495 so yours sounds about right. (ps, mine's a dealer sourced one with a service, year's warranty, tax etc)

I've had to read your second line a few times, a VW driver "upgrading" to a Skoda! :confused: :D

Welcome to the forum by the way.

I've been down that same upgrading route but with a Seat in the middle....

Those prices sound pretty good (But thats me owning a 54plate one already!) I paid £9250 for mine a year ago with 10k on the clock, its now just coming up to 40k with no major problems.

The oldest 55 plates will still have almost a years Warranty still let to run so even if its not from a dealer you still have that peace of mind.

Cheers guys.

I've had to read your second line a few times, a VW driver "upgrading" to a Skoda!

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Polo, but am looking form something newer with good perfromace and reliablility.

I would suggest looking for the knocking suspension... any noises, get the 'selling' garage to sort it before you buy.... (or knowck some money off, then you can put seat cupra bushes in , that wont fall apart! ;):thumbup:

oh, welcome to Briskoda! you will find all the info you need here :thumbup:

Before you run out and get one, make sure you are HAPPY with your choice of dealership - check the forums with care.

You can't go too wrong with the car itself, good choice. It's just the customer service that can be lacking.

Read my most recent entry if relevant.

Before you run out and get one, make sure you are HAPPY with your choice of dealership - check the forums with care.

You can't go too wrong with the car itself, good choice. It's just the customer service that can be lacking.

Read my most recent entry if relevant.

agreed... (as you can see by my reply to your post) It is a great car, I very nearly changed mine for a SE, until the dealer tried to know £1000 off our agreed part-ex.... I walked away.... (same dealer I mentioned before...)

there are some good dealers around though, check out the dealer reviews section :thumbup:

Hi Guys,

Currently driving a Polo GTI and looking to up grade.

Thinking of getting a vRS. I found from looking on the Polo forums that there was a fair amount to lookout for on the GTI.

So I thought I'd check if you could share your knowledge on any issues or problems to look out for on the vRS. (sorry if there already a thread for this).

Also I've seen a 55 plate vRS with 22,000 on the clock for £9,995. Is this a good deal???

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum Benny.

I too went from a Polo GTi to a Fabia vRS....... I liked my Polo..... At times, (Had well over £2000 of warranty work done on it in around 3 years!!!!!). But i love the fabia vRS and now we have two of them!!!!!

In addition to the above advice if you go for one with xenons make sure they are adjusted ok as most seem to be set too low and only light up a short distance in front of the car..... I had the dealer adjust mine up and they are much better. Also check the interior seats as they can wrinkle and also mark very easily if not looked after etc....

Good luck with the search and take your time... Also be prepared to travel if the right car comes up. We recently sold the Mrs's CTR to a lad from Leicester and then travelled down to Hitchin for her vRS!!! :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

£9995 sounds a bit strong to me, I paid £9500 for a December 55 with 7k miles 10 months ago.

Although that wasn't from a Skoda dealer but a Mazda dealer, some old dude couldn't handle the torque and kept spinning them up everywhere lol, so he traded it in for a petrol Mazda. And Mazda didn't want a smelly old Skoda scumming up the forecourt, so I managed to knock them down loads from their original asking price...

Cheers guys. Good stuff!!!

I wish. 51 plate. Still love it though, but maybe time to move on.

No ... I meant why don't you get a new polo gti? Those old ones aren't very 'gti' anyway are they?

No ... I meant why don't you get a new polo gti? Those old ones aren't very 'gti' anyway are they?

The new ones are still overpriced and under specced for a lot of peoples liking..... Me included.

The old one's aren't very GTi!!!..... Come on outside..... :mad::D

I think the appeal of the original was it's little bit of a feel of exclusivity as there were only 3500 ever brought into the UK..... It's the only car i've had where 90% of other Polo GTi owners would flash you as you passed each other. :) Even now i still look out for them and i think the mrs sometimes gets a bit tired of me saying "Polo GTi there love".

Cheers

Dave.

£9995 sounds a bit strong to me, I paid £9500 for a December 55 with 7k miles 10 months ago.

Although that wasn't from a Skoda dealer but a Mazda dealer, some old dude couldn't handle the torque and kept spinning them up everywhere lol, so he traded it in for a petrol Mazda. And Mazda didn't want a smelly old Skoda scumming up the forecourt, so I managed to knock them down loads from their original asking price...

:) Same here but mine was from a BMW dealer, it was in the showroom, and I watched the price drop every month,for ten months until I could not take the risk any longer that someone would snap it up (Like I did :-) (it was advertised in the local rag every two weeks, and on the dealers website, but I reckon no one wanting a Skoda would look on a bmw site and no one looking at a bmw site would contemplate a Skoday whoopee do for I

It has been one of the very few pieces of luck in my life

Then I got some knocked off for paying cash, a guaranteed MOT after a year, additional years warranty, and very low mileage for its year as it had sat in the showroom for months lol

You need to look in some strange places for the best deal

National