mini cooper D

gordysmit

I'd be sorely tempted to wait and try the Fiat 500 Abarth..

the 500 is also available with the 1.3 m/jet diesel (£35 road tax!) and that will remap to 120bhp... so in the little 500, should be good, as the lowest power arbarth is 120bhp, this makes a possible fast diesel 500... (note: the arbarth also come in 150bhp , and 200 bhp flavour!) :thumbup:

Not that bothered about power just economy £35 a year tax and must do at least 50mpg.Just over all looks and resale value

then the 500 1.3 m/jet fits the bill ;) especially seeing as fiat have sold ALL the ones they have currently build, and there is a waiting list being created... (although they say they will up production to meet demand) this suggests good re-sale... which would be unusual for a fiat!

Does anyone really know much about the next Fabia vRS though, if I was a gambling man I would put money on it not being diesel and it being a 1.4 TSi or a 1.8 TFSi looking at it's competition in that sector.

Best to try the mini and see how you get on with it

Does anyone really know much about the next Fabia vRS though, if I was a gambling man I would put money on it not being diesel and it being a 1.4 TSi or a 1.8 TFSi looking at it's competition in that sector.

Best to try the mini and see how you get on with it

I would love to see what the fabia is like... but I wouldn't be able to afford it :( at 12.5k for a 'normal' 1.9 105 diesel.. I'm going to be well priced out of the vRS, dunno how much it's gonna be, but gotta be way above 12.5 k, the new vRS will be expensive.......

I would love to see what the fabia is like... but I wouldn't be able to afford it :( at 12.5k for a 'normal' 1.9 105 diesel.. I'm going to be well priced out of the vRS, dunno how much it's gonna be, but gotta be way above 12.5 k, the new vRS will be expensive.......

And the mini is not at one I want fully spec will be 17k OUCH well may be just a dream If I run one for 3years and get 12k back I would be happey as I see the 60% back in 3years time

The Mini will do way more than 50MPG, moreso now that it has regenerative energy systems and engine cutout to save emissions/improve economy further.

I think it was 64MPG combined before these new emissions/economy upgrades and the late 2007 models with the new kit run at 69MPG combined, IIRC. Something silly like 75+MPG on an easy motorway run...

It will retain it's value very well also.

I specced one up with all the options I wanted, I think it came out at £18k or something silly like that.

the only problem with the Mini Cooper diesel is the engine is French ,the Peugeot 1.6 diesel is also in the Ford Fiesta and Focus , horrible rattly engine in them , might be better in the Mini though

Yep, sounds about right. Colleague just got 12k in px for a 53 plate Cooper S with leather and sunroof and chilli pack on it.

No accounting for taste.

I wouldn't be seen dead in one.

Designed by a truly indecisive committee - striped up by many - next to no storage space, awful interior room, poor ergonomics. Already dated looks. Hairdresser's car to the n'th degree. Any one who is fool enough ........

How about a 2nd hand 118d or 120d for £10-13k? plenty on Cargiant » Used Car Supermarket London » Cheap Used Cars for Sale including used BMW, Audi, VW, Mercedes and Ford or autotrader for this money.

The 118d is the better for economy and much more linear in power delivery. I think its a great little car and compared to the Mini D well the boot is vast.

No accounting for taste.

I wouldn't be seen dead in one.

Designed by a truly indecisive committee - striped up by many - next to no storage space, awful interior room, poor ergonomics. Already dated looks. Hairdresser's car to the n'th degree. Any one who is fool enough ........

Thats abit harsh alot off people say that about skoda but I drive a yellow vrs 1.8t