Two more Fabia n00b questions... central locking and rear wash wipe.

munkster

Hello, a couple more questions that have been niggling me about my "new" (old) Fabia...

First off, is there was any way of locking the boot other than flipping the button on the door. I keep forgetting then realise I am sitting at the traffic lights with valuables in the unlocked boot.

Second, does anyone know if the rear wash wipe squirty thing is easily replaced? I am assuming this works by pushing the right stalk towards the dash? It makes the motor noise but no fluid comes out. Could it just be blocked? Any suggestions for unblocking? The reservoir is full.

thanks in advance again

Actually, it only unlocks when you either press the unlock button or remove the key from the ignition.

The hose for the rear wash wipe may have popped of either the washer bottle, or inside the tailgate. Check the headlining for any dampness, and try and trace the line from the washer bottle to make sure its not disconnected or split.

Sometimes holding your hand over the lid of the tank while running the pump can create enough pressure to unblock a dirty nozzle. :)

press the lock button on the drivers door , that should lock the boot also

the rear washer pipe can become detached at a number of different areas , in the tailgate , behind the rear wheel arch trim and on the engine bulkhead next to the ABS module are the usual suspects

hmmm, i've just been for a drive and the boot was unlocked when i stopped (without turning engine off or taking the key out)...

...so it looks like my central locking might be a bit duff. hmmmmmm.

...but is that because you opened the drivers door (which IIRC unlocks the boot). Get someone else to test the boot whilst you're still in the car.

Else, if you're by yourself just unlock the drivers door and not all of them.

...but is that because you opened the drivers door (which IIRC unlocks the boot). Get someone else to test the boot whilst you're still in the car.

Else, if you're by yourself just unlock the drivers door and not all of them.

crikey, it's complicated innit! i'll try that again when i go out later.

this forum is great, by the way, you're all very helpful! :thumbup: :thumbup: