R.i.p Favorit

daz51

Hey guys,

you may have read my thread below regarding me thinking the head gasket has gone well the head gasket has gone but unfortunately something else has killed it.

before anything went wrong with the car on sunday night we nticed one of the bolts in the top of the air filter had shreared off. leaving just 2 bolts holding the air filter in place.

well thinking nothing of it we investigated the shreared bolt and of cause the broken off thread had dropped straight through to the piston. hence the loud knocking noise i mention in the other thread.

oh well she is dead now, comparing what the car is worth it is not worth doing. i.e. a new head is required.

not sure what we will do with her yet.................................................