N73 / N95 / Symbian software

Goochie

I'm looking for some software that will automatically switch between profiles based on the time of day. I've seen some on the web for US$40 which, seems a bit steep to me :eek:

Any suggestions?

Also, has anyone found something they think is great for their symbian phone? - I dont' want to be missing out on anything :P

just got my N73 and this symbian thing is new to me(thought of something rude when i first heard of them).

my N73 has no games on it at all, which surprised me.but better to be able to put somethinf decent on it than the rubbish that usually comes with phones.

ScummVM, best app on my N80. Monkey Island and Sam & Max at any time of the day. Classic.

Psiloc do a remote control app for non v3 symbian phones (N73) which is very helpful, and a big laugh when drunk around your mates (just select the make of tv and you never have to be forced to watch Hollyoaks again)

Apart from that TomTom's a laugh, but rather expensive for that reason alone.

Agile Messenger for MSN is a staple on my phones too.

ScummVM, best app on my N80. Monkey Island and Sam & Max at any time of the day. Classic.

Psiloc do a remote control app for non v3 symbian phones (N73) which is very helpful, and a big laugh when drunk around your mates (just select the make of tv and you never have to be forced to watch Hollyoaks again)

Apart from that TomTom's a laugh, but rather expensive for that reason alone.

Agile Messenger for MSN is a staple on my phones too.

I dont bother with agile messenger now the proper MSN client is available.. ive also got google mail and google maps, taskman, podcasting, divxplayer, sport tracker, nokia conversation, msn live, navXS, snakes, global race, SRE, sudoku, tomtom, and a 4gig memory card with a couple of series of family guy on :D

for symbian apps, bittorrent is your friend ;)

a friend you say ?

been trying tom tom 6 but certificate is out of date :( any idea's to update the cert?:confused:

haha! I had this the other day.

Change your handset's date to 2006 (in the clock settings). Turn off, turn on, install TomTom, change date to the correct year.

Beware though, the latest Nokia firmware only supports Bluetooth V2 and is not backward compatible. So if like me you already have a bluetooth GPS reciever, the chances are that it wont work.

The device will happily pair with the phone but TomTom wont be able to use it.

See here GPS for n73 firmware 4.x.x.x - All About Symbian Forums for further info. I have been in touch with Nokia this week who have confirmed that ALL N series phones will be Bluetooth V2 only as soon as new firmware is installed.

Just make sure it says Bluetooth V2 in the spec. The V2 spec allows multiple devices to connect at once, I think its 20+

Sadly I cant suggest a GPS reciever as I found my colleague's one works with my N73 and mine works with his N70 - so we've simply swapped)

Most of them will be about £30 tho.

With my N95 connected to the car kit, all the phone sound is directed through the car kit, so Tomtom is played through the car speakers. Its a pain though, because the Audience HU takes about 1/2 second to switch to phone mode, so you lose the first part of the instruction. When not connected, the sound is played through the N95s onboard stereo speakers, and sound quality is far better than my old ipaq version.

sorry to be a pita on this guys,but should tom tom actually run without the receiver?

i get the start up screen with rotating globe,but nothing more.i seem to be missing out on receivers on e-bay,must just bite the bullet and pay full whack for one.