shes stalling nooooooooooooooooo!

ok so imagine this on the way to a roundabout and the car sudenly dies on you as you press down the clutch and brake??

any ideas guys as this is annoying the hell out of me and rather embarrising!

I depress the clutch and press on the break, put it into nutral she dies. nuts i know. doesnt happen in other gears although one of the waring lights think its the battery flashes up briefly when i change gear .

:-(

my baby is poorly and i could cry!:eek:

If it wasn't for the neutral gear and battery light bits I would think it was the famous dirty throttle body problem.

Is the alternator drive belt tight? (I.e. does it barely move when you press hardish with your finger?)

Is the alternator drive belt tight? (I.e. does it barely move when you press hardish with your finger?)

i feel i ought to say, dont do this with the engine running!

sounds like you might have a vacuum leak at the brake servo

just as a matter of interest tina, have you been fiddling again??? :o

I have had this problem, just as a one off... pulled up to a junction and pressed clutch down and it stalled.

And now sometimes judders a bit when changing gear (i.e. when the engine has been under load and then you press the clutch in, and then the change from load to none seems to drop to revs down a bit too far).

I am going to clean my throttle body soon and get a breather filter to stick on the oil breather and block the other end off..... im sure nelly doesn't appreciate all that oil and crap being blasted down her throat!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. Just to let you guys know, I had this same problem (when the clutch was depressed, and foot taken off accelerator and onto brake - the engine died) in my 97 Lxi Felicia. Being a student and having no money I experimented with it quite a lot (with varying results!).

Today, after reading this excellent forum for the first time, I cleaned the throttle body with 'Wynns Fuel Injection and Carb Cleaner' and tightened the accelerator cable. This seems to have worked (fingers crossed). All for £4.99, as opposed to £75 down the local Skoda dealership.

This has made the car idle at higher revs and instead of the revs dropping off when the clutch is down it now remains stable. As the accelerator is more responsive it feels like a better drive (and is easier to recover from those stalling moments). I don't know how this will effect fuel consumption (if anything), but if Felicias not stalling I'm a happy man!