Re-maping of TDI

Hi everyone, just wondering if i can get my TDI remapped/chipped, its the 110BHP verison, 2001 reg, ive seen on adverts that is says fits all but the 100 version :S, deos that mean i cant do anything to mine :-(, yet it says the 110 engines before 2000, but mines a 2001, its all very confusing.

thanks

alex

nice!!, any company you would reccomend, should i go for a chip or a remap of the stock ECU??

Thanks

Where are you located? I have the same TDi as you and I had a custom map done on mine at Impossible Performance who are based in Rochester in Kent (not too far from the Blue Water shopping centre.

I was recommended to them by another Briskodian on here and I have to say I am very pleased with the results. The guy there (Mike) won't over do the map he'll keep it sensible so as to ensure there is no excessive pressure put on the clutch etc.

He got mine up to 141BHP and it makes a big difference but the mid range torque is what notices the most. The car is more responsive and picks up a lot better now, fuel economy has also improved although to be honest it was always good on fuel consumption anyway and that wasn't my main reason for the remap.

I did research it quite a bit before I had it done and I learnt that you are better off having a custom map done to the ECU rather than having a generic map done ie a bloke comes to your house and uploads a standard remap or you send your ECU off to be remapped.

Mike at Impossible took a couple of hours to do mine he was constantly tweeking things, then re-tweeking until he was happy, also he keeps a copy of your current map and the new one on his system so you can always revert back or get him to adjust it if you want to.

I did ask about pushing mine a bit more but he was reluctant to do so as it would have pushed the car into clutch wear and cam shaft problem territory.

If he's close enough to you I'd recommend using him. :)

Hi everyone, just wondering if i can get my TDI remapped/chipped, its the 110BHP verison, 2001 reg, ive seen on adverts that is says fits all but the 100 version :S, deos that mean i cant do anything to mine :-(, yet it says the 110 engines before 2000, but mines a 2001, its all very confusing.

thanks

alex

HI,

A friend who I used to work with has a 110BHP TDI & he told me he is thinking of treating the old oil burner by taking up JBS's special offer on their Custom Code phase1 remap a week sat along with his cousin with his Fabia vRS who talked him into the idea. He has been told it will take his TDI up to about 140bhp with 20% more torque.

well I got 30% more torque and bhp up to 146. The company I used had closed down (or got taken over). Impossible performance, JBS are two well knowns also revo have dealers over a good area. Jabba a site sponser are also classed as very good and tend to go for higher gains than other mappers.

As with all remaps there is the risk of clutch death etc.