Silver Roof rails - Pics

:P

Now why would you say that :cool:

It just sort of jumped out at me :rofl:

Its a rare thing so I notice them when they are fitted I guess. And his spec llist is almost as long as mine too. (mines bigger than his syndrome!) :P :D:rofl:

Lee

Are those the silver roof bars that some dealers have said will never happen and don't exist?? :rolleyes:

A part number and cost would be very nice though :D

If they are a reasonable price I might go for them.

Factory order code PG1, they cost £120.00.

Not sure about retro fit though. I'll check with my parts dept if I get a free moment.

They don't look cheap.

I think they are -

1Z9 860 033 P90 Left Rail

1Z9 860 034 P90 Right Rail

You also need the end covers -

1Z9 860 145 B P90

1Z9 860 146 B P90

1Z9 860 147 A P90

1Z9 860 148 A P90

1Z9 860 149 B P90

1Z9 860 150 B P90

I could be wrong but I estimate £115 per rail plus the trims. Perhaps somone with an interest could ask a dealer and let everyone know.

• Like 1

Ants,

Is this your Directors new demonstrator. I bought the red vrs combi PJ07 *g* which you will recall had a similar spec. I.m enjoying the car very much and wonder if my fab VRS has sold yet?

The silver roof bars in your photo dont look right as they dont match the black window rubbers etc - they look odd to me. I am not sure about those wheels on 'race blue' either?

J999VRS, yes it is and yes it has. Glad your enjoying the new one.

As for cost, retro fit parts will cost about £290 plus fitting.

Presumably its an external job or is it an internal job and involves removing the interior headlining?

Lee

I've been quoted £25 a side to get my Passat roof rails chromed at a local metal work finishing place... :thumbup:

Don't like the rails or the wheels on the blue. :( Nice christmas tree spec of the car though! :thumbup:

I've been quoted £25 a side to get my Passat roof rails chromed at a local metal work finishing place... :thumbup:

QUOTE]

Sounds cheap, the only trouble with doing this to the Octavia, is the end caps are plastic.

QUOTE]

Sounds cheap' date=' the only trouble with doing this to the Octavia, is the end caps are plastic.[/quote']

Likewise on the passat, but can still be chromed! :thumbup:

:P

It just sort of jumped out at me :rofl:

Its a rare thing so I notice them when they are fitted I guess. And his spec llist is almost as long as mine too. (mines bigger than his syndrome!) :P :D:rofl:

Lee

:iagree:

• 2 months later...

i was thinking about chrome roof rails as i had them on my A4 and they looked great although the audi had chrome surrounding on the windows which made it look better.

audi6bi6.jpg

now that i've seen them on a race blue octy i think they just look gash.

J999VRS, yes it is and yes it has. Glad your enjoying the new one.

As for cost, retro fit parts will cost about £290 plus fitting.

Fine if you want to go the Audi route, but not for me :)