New VRS Owner

scoobydoobry

Every four years or 60K, whichever comes first and also the water pump must be changed. It isn't just the belt by the way; there is a tensioner roller as well which is what usually fails.

Hi and welcome. yes it`s a good idea to change your cambelt and water pump too, and insist on one with a METAL impeller as they are much more desirable, as the plastic ones break up. Enjoy your new vrs, I bought mine 3 months ago, and love it!

Hi and welcome. yes it`s a good idea to change your cambelt and water pump too, and insist on one with a METAL impeller as they are much more desirable, as the plastic ones break up. Enjoy your new vrs, I bought mine 3 months ago, and love it!

Thanks guys, that was quick.

Can Skoda supply the cambelt kit (or parts seperatly) and any ideas where to get the water pump from with the metal impeller?

It is a good idea to buy the bits genuine or insist of a kit from Gates or INA which is OE VAG. The metal water pump impeller only comes on aftermarket pumps and I tend to use genuine ones with the plastic impeller, it seems to be a fast fading problem with the plastic impellers failing and I have never had a failure on a new unit. If a pattern pump fails, the supplier will change the pump within 1 year and they do fail, if a genuine pump fails VAG will replace and fit the pump on a two year guarantee. We only use genuine pumps these days as they are only a few pounds more than a pattern item.