Just another badly described Felicia for sale on the bay...

I hope this doesnt belong to anyone on here...

Find skoda felicia l 1300cc mpi on eBay within, Skoda, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 30-Oct-07 18:29:51 GMT)

I love this part...

"THIS MODEL WAS MADE BY VOLKSWAGON AS IT IS THE FACE LIFT MODEL SO IT HAS THE GOLF CHASSIS RUNNING GEAR AND INTERIOR PRATICALLY ITS A VW GOLF WITH A SKODA BADGE"

...where did he assume that? Local pub talk perhaps?

Well at least its had its hydralic tappets adjusted :confused:

..Hmm, yes, quite lol. Ah, you mean those invisible hydraulic tappets?

Oh dear, it seems the public need re-educating about the whole VW-SKODA thing tut tut.

The saying goes "well, they are all VW now" seems to be prevelant. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Thank god my 1991 Skoda Rapid has a similar "VW built" 1.3 engine in it or it would not be so reliable :D They really are ***** when the use the VW card to try and flog their cars ! I also love their bad spelling.......a major hint at how thick they are or should i say fik !

Badly modded too.

So if I describe my Favorit as being VW made, VW quality and more BS like that (and point out the logos inside air filter box and on ECU loom connector), will I get £500 for it? Lol. It's all badge snobbery, unfortunately in public mind VW = good hence the sale price of second hand golf's etc is quite good.

no chance of finding one of them in a fabia, hay

...Yep, VW would surely have binned all those awfull skoda engines and replaced them for "reliable" VW units.

...(failing 1.6 throttle bodies anyone?) or how about the failing coil packs and air mass meters on the 1.8T engines?

no chance of finding one of them in a fabia, hay

I'm sure I read somewhere the most recent Fabia did away with them due to emissions issues?! Could be wrong.

surely saying that it shares VW parts/platform is a good thing?

Not if it's a lie :) The MPI injection system is Siemens, not exclusive to VW. The chassis is definitely not based on any VW design as the Felicia is in essence an upgraded Favorit which is all Skoda. They even share some of the same bits which is a god send for me when it comes to getting bits for my older Skoda :D

I'm sure I read that another example of VW "quality" is the leaks caused by replacement of some sort of seals by VW, which were perfectly fine when Skoda had their way.

surely saying that it shares VW parts/platform is a good thing?

Not really, thats like admitting defeat in the face of the VW brigade's badge snobbery department, its like saying that VW have always been better than skoda, and that the rear engiend cars that gave all that pedigree and character to the skoda brand from the 60s to the 80s were just piles of central european junk!

VW were a better compromise than general motors or renault though. But this thing about VW "build quality" is a myth. VWs were low spec rot boxes before the mk2 Golf and Polo, something VW/other owners of today forget when they slag Skoda off.

now you see,

I have to agree on both sides here. :rolleyes:

My L&K 1.6 has got the VW Golf AEE engine. - Its really good by the way! :P

But the bodywork/chassis interior minus the stearing wheel is all skoda - F***king brilliant, never seen a car look, handle, and feel so nice. :D

VW "build quality" is a myth. VWs were low spec rot boxes before the mk2 Golf and Polo, something VW/other owners of today forget when they slag Skoda off.

I have to agree with that point. my neighbour has an old vw camper and a vw bettle, total rust buckets, and uber loud.

But my mum has an old G reg passat (its not as old as the others), its lovely, so VW quality has bettered itself, and so has skoda quality over the years.

And IM HAPPY WITH A MIXTURE OF BOTH!:thumbup:

VW felicia_Skoda Golf, LOL :thumbup:

now you see,

I have to agree on both sides here. :rolleyes:

Yes, I do agree with you about both bring a good combination, but its always negative about skoda, the companies past and thier present image whereas the sun shines out of the preverbial *** when it comes to the british public.

The vRS emblem wouldnt have half the sporting image it does today if it wernt for the true skodas that competed in the rallies/track events decades before.

sorry to ruin the fun a little, but iirc at one time skoda did advetise the felicia as being a 'brother' to the mk4 polo and all the magazines describe them in that way too. we all know that the felicia was based on skoda's own favorit chassis, but then the truth is the vw (and porsche iirc) did have a hand in the design on the favorit..

i think the comments on pre mk2 golf vw's being rot boxes is unfair, how many other 25+ year old motors do you see on the road?? virtually none! why? because they are all rotten, surely the fact that you still see type 2 campers and beetles is a testament to thier build quality

OMG! I saw that first Felicia and just a little bit of sick krept into my mouth!

Very bad looking, badly described skoda there listed by a very un-educated owner!!!!

surely the fact that you still see type 2 campers and beetles is a testament to thier build quality

...Or might just be because the owners have spent thousands having all the swiss cheese holes in the floor welded along with replacing everything else. They were very popular vehicles at the time. I think the Beetle holds a production record if im not mistaken.

Yep, I know porsche worked on the engine mounts on the favorit and a british company sorted the fuel injection system on the Favorit so it could run SPi and pass the stricter emission laws. If I wanted to buy something German id buy a proper German car. I want to buy something Czech engineered, which is why I buy Skoda. Also cant afford a to buy/maintain a classic Tatra and they dont turn up very often but...one day...

I think the MOT emissions tests aren't as strict as the emissions requirements for new vehicles to be actually legally *sold*. AFAIK the inability of the Lada to be converted to fuel injection to meet some sort of emissions law to allow it to be sold, is what killed it off in the UK market, and the poor reputation prevented a later re-emergence. I'm surprised on the rare occasion I do see a lada as they were cars that rusted like anything.

I think the MOT emissions tests aren't as strict as the emissions requirements for new vehicles to be actually legally *sold*. AFAIK the inability of the Lada to be converted to fuel injection to meet some sort of emissions law to allow it to be sold, is what killed it off in the UK market, and the poor reputation prevented a later re-emergence. I'm surprised on the rare occasion I do see a lada as they were cars that rusted like anything.

Rust on a lada, lol, that will be due to them being copies of 1960s-70s fiats and the engines were also fiats, in fact, everything Lada did was fiat inspired, shame the british public didnt direct all thier disdain for Ladas onto the cars they were based on, which like Ladas also rusted to hell.

Still, I wouldnt mind a group A Lada Riva pushing out 180hp to get sideways in the snow :)