Ordered Today: Scout 1.9tdi in Polar Blue

Blu-shu

:D:D:D

I've done it - finally committed myself to the deposit after agonising over engine size, colour & whether or not to have a sunroof!! Options on order:

Maxidot

Multifunction wand for stereo

3rd headrest

armrest

rear parking sensors

curve projector headlights with cornering foglights

Also got diamondbrite protection for free as a christmas present!!

Quoted 20/12/07 for delivery - but I'm not convinced this is likely; end of January seems more realistic for a factory order...:rolleyes:. However, it would be a smashing christmas present if it does arrive on time!!:)

Thanks to all those who answered my query about diesel engines. Also thanks to Octavia T81 for the excellent photos of his new polar blue scout. The photos helped me decide on the colour.

bfn

from 'soon to be Roomster scout owner' :thumbup:

• Administrators

Keep meaning to get down to a dealer to look at one of these. Meant to be having my 24 hour test drive, I suspect after 2 weeks the alloted dealer for me is not that fussed anymore. Time to choose a different one at random :)

SWMBO picked polar blue too, so might join you on that choice.

Hope you enjoy it!

You won't be disappointed with the colour I promise.

The Scout stands out already and this colour makes it even more so.

Mine took 3 months from order to delivery so I'd be surprised if you had it by Christmas, but you never know!

Please please, do one thing. Go back to the dealership and order the glass roof, you will NOT be dissapointed.

Des

I'd second that. Unless you do lots of night driving I'd even go as far as to say drop the curvy headlamps and the parking sensors in exchange for it. Really adds something to the car.

Please please' date=' do one thing. Go back to the dealership and order the glass roof, you will NOT be dissapointed.

Des[/quote']

I'd second that. Unless you do lots of night driving I'd even go as far as to say drop the curvy headlamps and the parking sensors in exchange for it. Really adds something to the car.

So why are you two so keen on the glass roof?

I do not want to drop the parking sensors or the curvey headlights. I could, I suppose, change the colour to dynamic blue (non-metallic) and drop the armrest, which saves £420, but I'm not convinced it is worth it. My family (those who can express an opinion)insist they aren't bothered and I think the sun shining through (even with the sunblind across) could be an irritation to my two special needs children sitting in the back - I had to shade my eyes when I tried sitting in the back without sunglasses on. I agree that the sunroof looks nice and makes the car a lot lighter, but I am not sure that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages; plus it costs an extra £550!!

So why are you two so keen on the glass roof?

I do not want to drop the parking sensors or the curvey headlights. I could, I suppose, change the colour to dynamic blue (non-metallic) and drop the armrest, which saves £420, but I'm not convinced it is worth it. My family (those who can express an opinion)insist they aren't bothered and I think the sun shining through (even with the sunblind across) could be an irritation to my two special needs children sitting in the back - I had to shade my eyes when I tried sitting in the back without sunglasses on. I agree that the sunroof looks nice and makes the car a lot lighter, but I am not sure that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages; plus it costs an extra £550!!

The car feels much more open and coupled with the large rear side windows gives the rear passengers plenty to look at. My son who is only 13 months is always looking round at the world outside, at night he looks out the roof at the stars. I would not be without this feature and would quite easily forgoe my park sensors. Also I know cost comes in to it but dropping the armrest when it costs £70 would also be a massive loss.

At the end of the day though you have to put your kids comfort first and it doesn't really matter what anyone elses opinion is. All I'm going to say is this is one option I would not be without.

Des

• 2 months later...