My heater sounds like a Lancaster Bomber

Duggie

Well, it's getting cold at the moment so, naturally, I turned the heater on today on full power to de-mist the 'screen. It sounds like a lancaster at take off speed, like there is something fouling the fan from the inside of the car, no differance from the outside. Any ideas? how could it be put right?

:thumbup: Duggie.

Probably bumph in the pollen filter or as someone else suggested a leaf stem sticking into the fan, easier to check the filter first though, check this recent thread :thumbup:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/fabia/clicking-noise-inside-cabin-when-fan/94106/

If that doesn't do it, you'll have to get the leaves out from INSIDE the fan. I did a how-to here.

HTH :thumbup:

If that doesn't do it, you'll have to get the leaves out from INSIDE the fan. I did a how-to here.

HTH :thumbup:

Agreed, it's most likely leaves.....mine was. Took the glovebox off (dead easy) and fished them all out. Mine sounded like a V8 before.