A few pics of my Fabia vRS - what do you think?

Hi all, just a few pics of my Fabia vRS. She has covered 34082 miles and is my pride and joy, I am almost obsessive about how i look after her. Had her about 5 months now, due to some biddy eventually writing off my other one, and decided to put up a few pics to see what people think? Positive and negative contributions are welcome! She hasn't been cleaned for a few days in the pics, so she may not be up to everyones standard of cleaness but it has been raining alot! :)

As you can see, it isnt standard anymore, however it has not been overdone, i have merely enhanced the weaknesses of the vRS, the tweaks are as follows;

SSW Stamford 17 inch Split Wheels which really suit the car

205/40 Toyo Proxes T 1 - S

20mm lowering on Weitec Springs (colour coded to brake callipers)

EBC Turbo Groove disks and Green Stuff pads all round

Jabbasport remap to 164.6BHP (i wanted to keep it reasonble)

PD160 intake

Forge Motorsport Strut brace

Colour Coded door handles

Debadged

Xenons

Nice silver tax disk holder!

The car has never been abused, took me ages to find the right one when i bought it. The remap power was kept low as I i belive this is a safe BHP to a safe clutch when driven correctly. The car is always covered up overnight or garaged. The mods are subtle and to anyone who doesn't know much about the vRS can even looks standard. I mainly only use her twice a week now, to do the short motorway drive from Uni to home.

Anyhow please tell me what you think.

Any suggestions on how much she is worth would be helpful, as she is an nice low milage example, with literally brand new brakes/tyres etc and FSH obviously, i was thinking aroung the £7000 region. No expense has been spared and she is only cleaned by me, with Autoglym products.

Kind regards,

James

17757.attach

17758.attach

17759.attach

17760.attach

17761.attach

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks lovely.

What's the big black bar thing on the windscreen?

Seconded?

What the hell is it?

Nice looking car - How much did the brakes set you back?

I had the EBC pads on my old GTi and they were ace, Whats it like with the matching disks?

Thought about upgrading to Audi TT brakes but might do this if the results are similar for a smaller price

Steve

Looks lovely.

What's the big black bar thing on the windscreen?

Cheers. Don't tell anyone ... but they are police lights. hehe. I DO NOT use them on the public road, they only get used at car shows like TRAX, I went to a Children In Need Charity car show the other day that is why they are in (suppose i should have taken them out before i took the pics)

People do love them tho.

Thanks for the positive responses.

Seconded?

What the hell is it?

Nice looking car - How much did the brakes set you back?

I had the EBC pads on my old GTi and they were ace, Whats it like with the matching disks?

Thought about upgrading to Audi TT brakes but might do this if the results are similar for a smaller price

Steve

Thanks mate, the brakes were about £300 fitted i think, but that is for the Turbo Groovies all round and Greenstuffs all round. I was looking at the TT Stoppers kit aswell, but I wanted to make all the brakes look awesome, rather just upgrade the fronts (which must make the back brakes look tiny). Plus the Greenstuff pads go well with the Green callipers. Overall i am very happy, they sometimes squeak, but my God the vRS stops if you need it to.

p.s. I see you have xenons in standard lights... how do they pass MOT do they blind other road users?

They are the Super Brilliance Xenons from Halfords and they pass the MOT fine. I occasionally get people flash me but not very often, I do admit they are very bright. Thanks for the compliment about the wheels!

Who did the colour coded door handles? Mine has the standard black ones which makes the car look cheap.

My mate did them as he owns his own bodyshop. if you were to go anywhere they should only charge bout £70 to get them done tho.

Damn nice looking Fabia, not OTT just nicely done. Those BBS style rims look the part too.

Ive noticed the engine bay has a few addition too? ..Whats the full spec if you dont mind me asking?

Cheers

thanks mate, a lot of hard work has gone into getting her like that. Full spec is;

SSW Stamford 17 inch Split Wheels (resprayed in a custom silver with slight fleck)

205/40 Toyo Proxes T 1 - S

20mm lowering on Weitec Springs (colour coded to brake callipers)

EBC Turbo Groove disks and Green Stuff pads all round

Repainted and laquered callipers in Skoda Green

Jabbasport remap to 164.6BHP and plenty of torque (i wanted to keep it reasonble)

Cupra R intake system and Green Cotton air filter

Forge Motorsport Strut brace

Colour Coded door handles and side strips (a must do on the silver vRS's)

Xenons, upgraded all bulbs including the side lights etc

Nice silver tax disk holder!

Fire extinguisher and First Aid kit

Brake fluid upgrade to DOT 5.1

Most importantly keeping everything as clean as possible, even steam cleaning the underside when my mates ramp is free!

i got my 04 vrs from a dealer with fssh, 38K, years MOT, 2 new front tires, years warranty for £7,300 so bear that in mind when your selling

Those dearer ones on autotrader and pistonheads aint selling as they were up for sale when i was looking for mine and still havent sold

I think £7250 is achievable with your mileage and the subtle mods - that is to the right buyer of course!

Some wont care for the mods

Now, don't do any work on her between April and September which means time off the road - You missed too much of the 2007 season with your motor being off the road. ;)

Very nice. :thumbup:

Just seen it's for sale. :o Scratch my first paragraph. :D

Looks good that mate. Wheels look very similar to a BBS RXII and suit the car well :thumbup:

Fully coded sets things off nicely too :cool: Shame you're selling her though :(

Steve