Sump guards and dog trays.

Hi

Only joined yesterday, mentioned taking on a new 1.9td 4x4 estate. The model we have seen has no plastic sump guard as standard, because I understand not all countries have same standard package with the car. So is it really a necessary option , as dealer seems to think it isn't??. Also is the dog trays that fit into the Skoda estate worth the price or is there a better option.

Thanks.

Regards the dog guard .... yes they are worth every pennie. I tried three different non-oem brands for my old vRS but each one my dogs managed to get through or knock/pull out.

The oem one is the only one they couldn't budge.

Incidently I have my oem one for sale if your interested. At a much cheaper price than a new one.

I may be wrong but I though that the 4x4 came with a steel sump guard as standard or is that just the petrol ones?

I am sure that a 4x4 expert can confrim.

I have a steel one fitted to my vrs and would not be without it:)

Hi

Don't really know my different Octavia yet !! We have a company one that we have been driving which is a 1.9 td estate 2006 model, which we have done 20000km in 5months. Car however has done 40,000+ as its a company pool car. Now we are buying a 2007 4x4 Octavia estate ( not Scout). This is the one we have the questions about dog trays and sump guards. We take possession of this car late this week if its ready,4x4 choice over standard as we have snow already and we do 420+ km runs each way a couple of times a month. This plus another 12000+km on very bad country roads gives us 40000 km + per year, hence the sump guard ?. Dog comes too, but this new one has a more sloping back end, and we think a dog tray maybe useful.

Sump guards are standard on the Scout, made of metal. However the Ambient 1.9td 4x4 has in some countries as standard gear, a plastic sump guard. The one we are going to take has neither. Anyway we have now spoken to the dealers and decided against any. As for the dog tray that is a accessory that Skoda offer so we are told. It fits inside the back area, and makes all easy to keep clean. We just have to decide if we want it or not.

Train my dog better !!!!! I don't think you understand what this dog tray is do you ??? Our current octavia estate has been used by our dog without a tray, but trays seem to be a accessory that Skoda offer that allows your pet to shed its hairs or enter car muddy, without fear of marking the original cloth. You remove and clean the tray .

I just use the OEM boot liner in the Mk II estate, works a treat for lifting out and cleaning after the dog has left mud and hair behind.

Got it thrown into the deal, but it was only listed at £35 from memory (could be wrong though!)

I don't bother with a dog guard either.

Hmmm, boot liner - dog tray (could be the same thing ?)

Wish I could do with out a dog guard. If my two labs could they'd be driving the car the speed theye try and get to the front seats when the guard is out.

Thank you Parslad re info from OEM, found your the option of a durable 4.5mm rubber mat, cost about £30. We will see what dealer has in mind re the actual tray that he is talking about, then choose. We also have been using large old sheets and things, but think that both mat or tray would be better.

Auroan , Our dog also jumped over in the early days, but with back seat head rest up he stopped. New car though has a more sloping back window and a guard would be safer, don't you agree.

I found these on google , so it seems DISH is the correct term, if indeed it does the same job. Pic is bad so have to wait and see. More expensive than the mat option.

DC610001 Plastic Boot Dish £ 48

DCE620001 Plastic Boot Dish £ 45

Then again at second glance the mat comes in at

DCD610001 Rubber Textile Boot Mat £ 54

Will have to see what dealers prices are.

Should be having one of these FOC from my dealer upon car collection next week.. Looks a heavy duty, quality bit of kit...

Heavy or not we will see this week. Good luck with your new RS, our 1.9 Octy estate left customs friday last. Saw it for first time on Saturday, papers 90% completed, will drive on temp plate for 5days after handover. In this period the reg docs are done. Unfortunately will have to use the company Octy estate in the first snows as we have a 850km round trip this thurs. So doubt we will pick up car till weekend.

Get a sump guard ,I Just bought a 1.9td Octavia and cracked the sump about 50 hours afterwards DOH!! getting it fixed now and steel guard fitted too seems crazy that there is no guard as standard on some Octavias as the sump is so low anyway all the Best

PS..(dont know about dog trays but the Octavia I bought does have rather doggie smelling back seats any advice on how to clean them?)

Thanks for that, we will have to watch things as the car I understand has about 23mm road clearance over the standard car. Dealer seems to think the plastic guard made for this model AMB 4x4 estate is not worth the bother.

Hi

Now knowing its a Dish not a tray !!

Update from dealer the DCE620001 Plastic Boot Dish £ 45, nr 500kn here, 10 kn worth just under a pound. This fits to the actual size of the Octy estate boot, so removal might be a little tricky to clean etc, but great help for muddy dogs etc .

Hi Auroan

Thank you for your offer but guy came up with one, think its same as one you mentioned,

Guard DNM629001 installed for the 4x4.They tell me it uses wing nuts, so we can remove it easliy, cost shy of 100 euro fitted also. Second hand but unused they say.