Hello from Sunny Leeds

john1804

I'm a newish member but not posted before, I own a Black Fabia VRs 2005, after 12 months my car finally drives as it should, rapid and perfect! Unknown to me a previous owner had managed to go through two flywheels a clutch and even ripped the engine from it's mountings, all in 18 months!! Great driving skills eh?? Anyway after a month in the garage (D M Kieth Leeds) it is now completly repaired! Can't fault Skoda customer service, really great, a pleasure to deal with, same for D M Kieth. Couple of questions

1 with normal driving how many miles to a tank of diesel should I get?

2 could I use bio-diesel?

3 If required where could I get the EMU re-mapped?

Cheers

John

Welcome to Briskoda, John! :wavey:

1. Anywhere between 450-600 miles per tank seems reasonable depending on your definition of 'normal' driving!

2. In theory, yes, as long as you changed the fuel filter regularly. In practice, though, there's a lot of evidence that the poor quality control leads to all sorts of problems (do a search).

3. Dozens (if not hundreds) of places offer remaps. I don't know of anywhere in Leeds off the top of my head, but there are plenty of places in the North of England. There are also 'mobile' remappers who will come to you (again, so a search before deciding).

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

In rush hour traffic, which is most of my driving I'm only getting around 350 before the light comes on. do sometimes have a heavy foot though! Leasts it's better than the 250ish I got from my old punto HGT and more fun to drive!

cheers

Hiya.

1) No idea; I've got an Octy TDi110, and try to avoid "being in traffic" too.

2) Bio-diesel doesn't really have sufficient lubriscity for use in unit injector engines from what I've read.

3) From Leeds, I'd suggest going trans-Pennine to Awesome GTI. Check the "Site Sponsors" section for more details.