North East X-Mas Meet

smog monster

Just wondered if anyone fancied a meet this side of christmas for a bit of a get together ?

Maybe along the coast somewhere Redcar / Saltburn / Whitby / Seaton / Hartlepool / South Shields . . . any suggestions ? daylight hours would be better and somewhere where we can get refreshments :thumbup:

highly recommend the stray cafe at Redcar :D loads of free parking / seats inside / out & drinks are A1

I'm up for it. As usual Sunday would be best for me, but if its another day I'll try and get there.

I always think whitby is good for a meet - loads of parking up at the top (especially this time of year), fish and chips and loads of pubs to choose from.

Depending on where you decide on, it might be worth posting in the yorkshire section too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right folks , the date is set for sunday 23rd December

We were looking at all meeting up in Majuba Road car park in Redcar for about 10.00 - 10.30 ish (to leave) , choice of routes on offer are . . .

1) Coastal route , via Redcar / Marske / Saltburn / Loftus / Easington A174 , Hinderwell / Sandsend / Whitby

Or

2) Moors route , Via Guisborough / Birk Brow / Scaling Dam / Whitby

Finally

3) The Long Route , Stokesly / Helmsley (TT) / Kirbymoorside / Pickering / Whitby

prob too long on the road tho this one and weather permitting

P.S anyone who doesnt know where Majuba Road car park is can meet up with me in m,bro and follow me if they want too

Yes it's the one one on the seafront near redcar bowl.

Another alternative route would be great ayton > Castleton > lealhome > glaisdale etc.

I'm not fussed either way really. I'm guessing we are going to head up the hill to the car park on the top?

Just had a message from some of the ffoc (ford focus owners club) they are meeting up at Teesside Park outside Showcase Cinema for 10.00 before driving over to redcar , i might pop there on my way if u want to meet up with us there red-devil ?

Sounds like this might be the perfect antidote to Christmas shopping. :thumbup:

Weather permitting I'm coming down with the three lads (15,13 & 12), so will no doubt be buying lots of chips & pop. Wife seems pleased we'll be out of her hair (gets me out of Christmas prezzie wrapping, er, well if I ever did it that is :rolleyes:).

Just had the VRS kick board logo done on the bottom of the Furby. Looks cool. Not sure it'll wear very well in the NE!

Toddy

Sounds like this might be the perfect antidote to Christmas shopping. :thumbup:

Weather permitting I'm coming down with the three lads (15,13 & 12), so will no doubt be buying lots of chips & pop. Wife seems pleased we'll be out of her hair (gets me out of Christmas prezzie wrapping, er, well if I ever did it that is :rolleyes:).

Just had the VRS kick board logo done on the bottom of the Furby. Looks cool. Not sure it'll wear very well in the NE!

Toddy

I think I know what you mean about the kickboard. But a pic or two would be nice. :)

• 2 weeks later...