In car MP3

I have the dension DH200 and DMP3......

Only had it in a short while... needs better speakers than I am running... *might* need an amp too.

Head unit is certainly a jump above Skoda symphony levels, but is no alpine in sound quality. However, it is excellent in terms of navigation and ease of use.

I have the dension DH200 and DMP3......

Only had it in a short while... needs better speakers than I am running... *might* need an amp too.

Head unit is certainly a jump above Skoda symphony levels' date=' but is no alpine in sound quality. However, it is excellent in terms of navigation and ease of use.[/quote']

Ah, so you got it then? Where's the review? ;)

I'm holding out till I have decent speakers, I was running standard skoda ones apart from pioneers at the front with the stock HU and Mstation, and it sounded "ok"... the Dension (4x35w) has a higher power amp and the speakers always feel overpowered, so I don't want to blame the dension for my poor speakers :)

Watch this space... :)

I have the HDD Dension DMP3 unit wired to the standard head unit in my Furby, professionally installed by Scotts mototune, he was trying to sell me another head unit and speakers, although after fitting it to the Skoda supplied head unit , he was impressed how it all sounded together.

I bought the components separate, not through this supplier http://www.ihavetohave.it

You will have to locate it in the boot, as we spent 30 mins trying to find a location close to the driver, so you will have to have the satelite controller.

Unless you go down the route Tavia4X4 went.

You can buy a Dension head unit, DH101 ( silver ) DH102 (black), where the front panel drops forward to allow access to the HDD. I was advised that the sound quality from this unit is not very good.

If you would like any more info,you're welcome to PM me as i spent some time investigating MP3 options just before I bought my Furby. :)

Steve

Steve, I had a similar setup to you, with an mstation and satellite controller, but got fed up of two control setups. Like I said, the dension certainly isn't an Alpine, but it's a jump over the stock HU....

(plus, it has 4 rca outputs so can just totally bypass the internal amp if I have no joy after fitting better speakers, and use what I love most, the functionality)

• Administrators

EPIA mini format pc + power + AUX FEED LINE to HU...mp3 + videos :D

Needs a panel to make it really work, but simple LCD scrollers are feasible...more mp3 than you know.

Working on it presently; slowly...but it's great when stuck in stationary traffic to watch a video...mp3 in the car is also great if like me you flit in your moods, 80's 90's classical etc

A great revolution.

Ideas here: www.mp3car.com

Don't blame me for seeds sown, blame Ian, he sent me the link first.

i've got the Kenwood Keg 20Gb unit(in the boot) in mine,very good.

the software for loading and setting up is good,copies any music you have elseware on your computer.

its quite expensive especially if you want DVD/SATNAV aswell as you'd need the top line headunit etc.

the 20Gb will hold at least 5000 songs.

No offence to these storage MP3 HU's but I see having MP3 CD-Rs in your car hellish convenient. I can write my own CDs with albums for whatever mood I'm in be it hard trance, women-y ballads, 80s/90s rock, whatever. And there is still 9 or 10 albums on each one - more than standard CD changer. All I need to do is change the CD. And, being brutal, having a wallet of CD-Rs in the glovebox sounds a lot less effort... ;) Says he who has spent good time plumbing in bass in the boot... :rolleyes:

Each to their own, I say, but an CD-R MP3 HU is good enough for me. :thumbup:

....methods to conect a portable MP3 player (not with a dodgey cassete adaptor!!!)???

HUs with hard drives don't come cheap otherwise there are ones with AUX IN sockets on the front panel, eg Clarion DZX648, to allow you to plug in a portable player.

Personally, I'm with Jason on this one - MP3s on a CD-R. Saying that the last one I recorded was playing up on the first few tracks - not sure if it's the disc I used or the recorder as gone awol.

For sheer convenience the 40 GB HDD can hold up to 700 hrs of music, the unit can hold up to a 120GB HDD, giving farr too much music to listen to in the lifetime of the car.

The main reason I didn't go for a boot stacker, was the pain of having to swap the cd's. ( sods law always came into play that i was fed up with all the music i had listened to & wanted to swap the discs, while i was either travelling or not at home to do it.)

I bought a Blaupunkt Los Angeles, I am very impressed with it.

It plays CD, CD with mp3s on, has a MMC card reader and a remote control (infra red) on my steering wheel, pre amp outs, aux in and have a DSP so nice sounds with DEQ.

My JVC 909RB has Aux in front and rear which is great. Size of display is a factor as the more text on the screen the better, mine misses info due to its character limit even if it scrolls. Most Mp3's sound pretty good @ 192kbs but they don't seem to handle reggae, dub, jazz, classical or 60's garage bands very well - old stuff I guess. Loves Hip Hop though.

I'm getting a Creative Zen 60GB to plug in soon but even that might be a bit small. :D

Only four CD's worth? :confused: What bitrate are the MP3s being ripped at? 256 kbps or more? I have tried playing MP3's at 128 kbps in my car' date=' and immediately play the same thing on proper CD and there's no difference that my ears can distinguish.

And at 128kbps you get about 10 albums on one CD (1 album is about 70-80Mb at that ripping rate - so a 750MB CD-R can get just a few on it :D)[/quote']

128kbps just doesnt cut it Im afraid. I like my music at full quality, 320kbps. Still 4 CD's onto 1 is better than 1 on 1. I can notice the difference. The bass at 128kbps is very poor and sloppy, its much tighter at 320kbps. Maybe I've just got good hearing.:easter: