ASR warning light.

Hey Gents,

I received a 01 Octy recently.

I had the ABS pump (or something like that) replaced recently, my car went for the NCT (mot in the UK) and when i got it back the brakes felt... off... if you get what i mean.

so down to the local mech and he replaced my ABS pump.

So a few days later, i now have the ASR/TCS light on my Dash, and the fecker wont go away. Every time i start the car its there, and I did a very concerning voluntary wheel spin out of the garage this evening.

Has anyone had this problem before? and if so what was the fix? Xmas is coming up and cash is a bit tight, would you risk leaving it till next month?

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before, i have searched but couldnt really get a definative answer.

God damn pile of SH#T my light has just popped on this morning, hope its not an ABS sensor think there a bloody fortune

I had exactly this problem and the garage replaced the throttle body which had a fault and a vacumn hose, was nothing to do with abs sensors but I did get the orange engine warning light illuminated permanently on the dash as well. all done under warranty fortunatley :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

HA!

Well that was interesting to say the very least, I took the car to my local garage last wednesday and got the vagcom hooked up to it. Fecker wouldnt give me the codes but the basis of it was he recon'd it was a sensor that fails all the time. But in true grease monkey fashion he decided to clear the codes and see if it happens again before he replaces it, i wouldnt even mind but this was paid to be fixed before i bought the car.

so anyway he disconnects the device, which in turn seems to restart my car's computer and sets the alarm off. and of course idiot here (moi) didnt have the fob with him :o

so he tears the power from the alarm unit and that was that (excellent fool proof alarm that is), off i went as happy as larry and picked up the missus to go shopping. only to find out after making said purchases (lots of purchases) that the bender in the garage had inadvertantly borked my boot locking mechanism. meaning i can lock and unlock the car from the boots lock, but the boot doesnt open :mad:

So the ASR light and electronic system lights were on and off over the next few days, but rather than let this get at me i decided to buy myself a nice new shiney radio (sony bt 2500) and fitted that over the weekend.

To my surprise when fitting this radio i found the remnants of an old nokia car kit behind the radio, well now i know its a nokia car kit, at first i was like "WTF is that?" but a bit of googling and cable pulling revealed a controller box and speaker down in the passengers side of the console. There was also a bit long barrel attached to the arial that was restricting my ability to push my new sexy radio in... (PULL, TUG, SNIP... WAHEY!!)

Since i had fitted the radio the electronic fault light had been on constantly,

so i figured i had broken something. and rather than return to the garage with more stuff broken (and suffer the intolerable condescending tone i would face) i went at the car last night with a lamp in the dark and pulled the remnants of this carkit out. I couldnt quite figure out where the microphone/aerial connection went behind the dash (amd didnt really cared so long as they werent being powered) but managed to remove the rest of it handy enough.

Basking in the glory of my success it was off to the chipper for a kebab! I pulled a bit of a wheel spin (icy last night) leaving my housing estate, the asr light flickered on and off correctly warning me of ASR kicking in then went off again.

SUCCESS!!! fecking car kit was borking my asr. all is now well, just back to the garage tomorrow to fix my alarm and boot! :)