fix for an annoying rattle

Joe_N

hi all,

just to let you know of a fix i've found for an annoying rattle. don't know if its been mentioned before but when going over bumps the rear seat catch/cathces started making a clicking type noise. today i put a bit of gaffer tape round the clip that the seat attaches to and its cured it completely! theres some pics too - sorry about the crap quality but i took them on my phone. main thing is though its fixed the bloody thing! :thumbup:

17936.attach

17937.attach

I have a rattle intermittently coming from the rear parcel shelf. Anyone know a quick fix for that?

Beat it with a Hammer :D. If it doesn't stop it then your hammer is too small!.

I spend hours going round my car finding all the little squeeks and rattles and carefully found ways to stop most. 2 weeks later they have just come back with a vengence Doh! :doh:

Unfortunately a rattle free car is almost impossible.

Very good suggestion this, it took me ages to work out that it was the seat clip, kept thinking it was the seat beat roller!, all I found was that by removing this rattle I made another more noticeable :) The new rattle is still in the back somewhere and could quite possibly be the parcel shelf, but i've a feeling that it could be suspension related, are there any common faults with the rear shocks that may cause a very quite crash/rattle noise?? I only ever seem to notice it over medium bumps at low speeds.

Low profile tyre's on the VRS don't help in the quest for a rattle free car! :)

Mike.

hehe i used to have a renault megane b4 the fabia and it was rattley as a very rattley thing..... only rattle i get in the fabia is if i pull the roller cover shut on the boot.......

im coming round to the same idea as bennett VRS! rattles used to drive me mad before but someone on here made good point a while ago - if you think how many bumps and potholes etc etc you get in the roads theses days its no wonder cars rattle. all the thousands of bolts, screws and such in a car are bound to come loose after a bit. i stop getting mad at the car now and just get the music turned up! (unless of couse a bit of trusty gaffer can do the job!) :)