Astravan 1.7cdti

expostmanpat

Just taken delivery of a lovely new white Astra Van, and can't wait to get shut of the damned thing:rofl:

Pleasant enough to drive, not a bad place to sit, and the engine is willing enough, but I just couldn't live with the stupid indicators and stupid windscreen wipers. Why on earth they felt the need to do away with a conventional stalk that 'clicked' into position, and replace it with these silly touch things. The wipers are the worse, going straight on to super speed wipe and the rear wipe staying on unless you cancel it, and of course when you turn the motor off they don't remember that they were on. Please please Skoda don't even think about copying these.:thumbdwn:

On a normal stalk you would push it until it clicks into place for the indicator. On the Vauxhall rubbish you push up as normal but the stalk springs back to the neutral position.

To cancel you then have to push the stalk all the way DOWN.

Because the stalk sits in the same position all the time it can be difficult to quickly tell if the indicators self cancel or not.

Same goes for the wipers.

For high speed wipers you would push up once, push up once again and push up once more. :mad:

The indicators could be classed as dangerous in certain circumstances. They don't cancel themselves very well when steering round a corner so you have to physically push the stalk in the opposite direction to get them to cancel, which inevitably leads to the opposite indicator coming on and misleading the poor motorist behind you.

Just taken delivery of a lovely new white Astra Van, and can't wait to get shut of the damned thing:rofl:

I know you wanted a car for holidays and that Mrs PP like shopping, but don't you think getting a van is taking the northern cost saving spirit a bit far?

Although now you mention it, sell two cars, buy an astra van and leave the rest for Mr's P to spend on bags, jewellery and shoes. I'm sure she will leave you a bit for booze :rofl::rofl:

I've actively avoided these cars, but I've been told that the way to cancel the indicators is actually to push the stalk in the direction of the "on indicator".

That said I agree that it's a solution to a non-problem.

I know you wanted a car for holidays and that Mrs PP like shopping, but don't you think getting a van is taking the northern cost saving spirit a bit far?

I'm sure she will leave you a bit for booze :rofl::rofl:

All is now clear - Cross Channel booze buying :thumbup: