Go-Karting Fareham - 29th March

Makefish

Edited 11/1/08

Here's the deal then chaps but it's going to be difficult to get this off the ground due to the minimum nembers needed and a non refundable deposit that will have to be paid in order to book it.

I've been to the centre in Gosport/Fareham today and discussed what we want but they obviously want comitment to be able to make it worth while doing it. They are asking for a MINIMUM of 15 drivers each paying £39.95 which will give us a Super 4 individual competition. This guarantees everyone several warm up laps to familiarise yourself with the circuit followed by 4 heats of 4 laps each. Everyone will then be placed into a semi final of 5 laps where the top 6 drivers will take place in a final of 6 laps.

I have provisionally booked the 29th March starting at 11:00am but will need AT LEAST 15 to get this working and will possibly open the invitation to our friends from the SEAT forum to boost the numbers if need be.

Once we have the required numbers to book this I will need a £20 NON REFUNDABLE deposit from every one that wants to participate (they require a £250 deposit to book the event!).

Those that wish to partake in what should be a great fun day please add your name to the list but only do so if you are a DEFFINATE, sorry but maybe's are a no-no!

More details of the track can be found here go karting - indoor karting - uk - karting

Entrants for this will be left open for just two weeks.

The above now supercedes the original posting below:

Was looking at organising a karting event for March time but came accross Sim Racing which looks like a lot of fun. It's basically simulating racing as you'd find in arcades but 100x better :D, the centre is near Eastleigh in Hampshire so easy to get to from most parts of the south :thumbup: Cost looks to be under £30 p/person.

Edit: Have changed thread to incorporate interest in Karting too as it seems to be the more popular choice so far. Please add you names to the list with prefered event ie. Sim Racing or Karting.

So if you're interested please add your name to the list below. Please note that numbers would be limited to a MAXIMUM of 20 so it's frst come first served but for now this is just to guage interest.

Sim Racing Ltd

podphoto5llr.jpg

1. Makefish - Sim Racing or Karting

hmmm, surprised by the reaction so far :confused: I thought it looked like a lot of fun but I suppose you cant beat the real thing so Karting it is then.

Will change the thread title accordingly and see what interest we get. Have added Karting as an option too :thumbup:

my daughter is interested thats all. as for the sim racing, thats what nintendos and playstations are for :rofl:

There's simulator fans out there who'd have you strung up for this comment :D

I used to help run a NASCAR based sim-racing league (which is still going reasonably well as I understand over at v8thunder). It's proper tough stuff if you want a decent race and not just a series of wrecks. That sim place looks like it's using Grand Prix Legends which was (and is) a cracking piece of software but not something you could just pick up and play. You had to invest time to get any level of pace and consistency. Rewarding when you do well, tho. IIRC it was one of the first if not *the* first game to have the Nurburgring in it's 14-odd mile glory.

Anyhoo, even this ex sim-head would probably be more up for karting - but a sim day, see if I can still cut it, would be fun...

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the deal then chaps but it's going to be difficult to get this off the ground due to the minimum nembers needed and a non refundable deposit that will have to be paid in order to book it.

I've been to the centre in Gosport/Fareham today and discussed what we want but they obviously want comitment to be able to make it worth while doing it. They are asking for a MINIMUM of 15 drivers each paying £39.95 which will give us a Super 4 individual competition. This guarantees everyone several warm up laps to familiarise yourself with the circuit followed by 4 heats of 4 laps each. Everyone will then be placed into a semi final of 5 laps where the top 6 drivers will take place in a final of 6 laps.

I have provisionally booked the 29th March starting at 11:00am but will need AT LEAST 15 to get this working and will possibly open the invitation to our friends from the SEAT forum to boost the numbers if need be.

Once we have the required numbers to book this I will need a £20 NON REFUNDABLE deposit from every one that wants to participate (they require a £250 deposit to book the event!).

Those that wish to partake in what should be a great fun day please add your name to the list but only do so if you are a DEFFINATE, sorry but maybe's are a no-no!

More details of the track can be found here go karting - indoor karting - uk - karting

Entrants for this will be left open for just two weeks.