Did You Know

If you are inside your Octavia and centrally lock all the doors and then try to get out you will find the door locked and will not open, which is of course natural as you have centrally locked all the doors.

If you now try to pull the door handle a second time then that door will now open, but leaving all the other doors locked.

Only discovered this by accident having locked myself in the car.:cool:

My passengers get regularly hacked off with this, the car auto locks when driving off but doesn't unlock until the keys are removed from the ignition. They open the doors with the two pull method - not because they know about it but by pulling the door handle on average 7 times due to frustration.

One smart **** even uses the little button by the hand brake :rolleyes:

I've told my dad no end of times that it's one pull to unlock and another to open but he still insists on trying to wrench the handle out of the door every time.

Muppet

Must be a dad thing, mine's the same. :rolleyes:

'tis a simple concept - if it doesn't work first time, try again!

You get a way with this on the door handles, but those in IT support will have met the print spooler full of jobs as the user keeps pressing print :D

Do you have a record for the highest number of print requests from one user? :rofl:

Do you have a record for the highest number of print requests from one user?
No - but but in olde days of 5.25" floppy disks I had a user complain that their floppy drive wasn't reading their disks and also wouldn't let them remove the disk afterwards. On opening the case there where 5 floppy disks inside that had been slid into the gap between to two drives...

Do you have a record for the highest number of print requests from one user? :rofl:

I've had about 40 from the same person , and on another occasion she'd also manage to get about 30 instances of Word running at the same time then complained her PC was slow

I've had about 40 from the same person , and on another occasion she'd also manage to get about 30 instances of Word running at the same time then complained her PC was slow

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

One of THOSE people.

Ah well, keeps all you I.T. people busy I suppose :rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

One of THOSE people.

Ah well, keeps all you I.T. people busy I suppose :rolleyes:

She was always the first one to forward every single hoax email to everyone she knew.

The other telesales person she worked with reported her cordless keyboard as having stopped working. I wandered up to see her thinking it will be flat batteries as usual when she said "Do you think it might have anything to do with me spilling my tea into it?"

She hadn't even bothered to empty it out - the whole thing was flooded!

The locking feature of the Octy are useful for me - always safer to have the doors locked when your are in cities. Saves having to remember each time.

But the real bonus is that my mum can't open her door even when I'm not quite come to a stop when parking - in the last car she was trying to get out when I was still trying to park. My driving isn't that bad!

Now with the two handle pull to open she tries once then gives up. I've not told her about the two pull method to open so it stops her leaping out.

She was always the first one to forward every single hoax email to everyone she knew.

The other telesales person she worked with reported her cordless keyboard as having stopped working. I wandered up to see her thinking it will be flat batteries as usual when she said "Do you think it might have anything to do with me spilling my tea into it?"

She hadn't even bothered to empty it out - the whole thing was flooded!

Ah she will be one of the people that keep the email phishing brigade going then :rolleyes:

I would also like to know how?

Cheers

If you have maxi-dot, it's under Convenience > Door Open (or similar)

Auto Close - Does as you ask, and locks the doors at about 5mph

Auto Open - Unlocks the door again when you switch off, and remove your key from the ignition. (As long as you haven't manually changed the locking state since you started off)