vRS doesn't like the cold

tsr2

Yesterday morning my vRS was idling very roughly just after starting it up.

This morning when I first tried to pull away there was very little power and it almost stalled. I had to stop and rev the engine to get it to settle down and run decently.

I'm surprised to see a modern engine that doesn't handle frosty weather adequately. Is this normal or is it another trip back to the dealers?

It seems to come up often in the cold weather and is often caused by a split or damaged hose.

If it was a hose, wouldn't I notice the problem at other times, not just when the engine has been frozen overnight. Would the problem be cleared up by 30 seconds of revving the engine?

It's a trend that seems to happen in the colder weather.

If you can get a VAG-COM scan doen that might help as there are other common things such as the water temperature sensor that can cause an issue and might be worth checking.

It might be the secondary air pump if it clears after 30 seconds.

TBH i never find it healthy driving straight away from a cold morning.

I always give mine a good 30 seconds before i set off