Well Thats The End Of That Then

Just to add fuel to the company car image fiasco.

I have a Petrol vRS Octavia II as a company car and whilst there is a few people that knock the badge, the vast majority know what it is and love the car.

90% of customers I visit who come out to the car when I leave are impressed and want a look around it.

Most say something like 'You must be doing well to get that' (In a non sarcastic mannar I might add lol)

They make cracking company cars and keep the drivers happy - which is half the battle when employing sales staff.

Feel free to show this post to your employer if it helps :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really are out of touch aren't they?

My company (30000+ employees in the UK, several thousand company cars) makes a point of emphasising the Skoda credentials. They are cost effective on the leasing, are reasonably green (well the diesel Octys anyway) and well equipped. The lease company seems to get a stonking deal on the vehicle and so the lease charges per month are very attractive.

A couple of colleagues have already commented on the look and equipment fit and I've only had the car a week!

Yes I've had the skip/convertible "jokes" about my choice of car; but in my experience those comments come from people who are ignorant of the VAG link or well, just ignorant generally. ;)

I would suggest that your Fleet Manager should test drive and Octy, he/she will change their view then I'm sure. I did. :thumbup:

Friend of mine has to be careful about how much leather he can have in his company car!

Company policy re environment or something

Good job he isn't a biker then :rofl::rofl::rofl:

OT: Leather is good for the environment; it is after all a renewable resource and a waste product from food preparation. Plastic and man-made fabrics use oil. So unless the alternative is 100% wool/cotton, leather is good. Maybe the fleet manager is a vegetarian ;)

OnT: Good luck. Maybe go with the exclusivity angle, and projecting a "we think out-of-the-box" image.