eBay Nightmare !!

skodaw

As some of you will know, I've been trying to get hold of a Sony Ericsson P900 mobile phone.

Finally got won an eBay auction over the bank holiday weekend, chap says he will dispatch Tuesday for delivery Wednesday......

Wednesday comes......... Wednesday goes :mad: NO PHONE. :thumbdwn:

I email the guy, who immediately replies saying that he indeed did send the phone on Tuesday via UPS - on he thought overnight service. He said he would get UPS to call me - Thursday comes - call from UPS - have I received phone - NO - ok they will check.

10 Minutes later another phone call from UPS - err sorry we don't know where your phone is! :eek: :thumbdwn: :mad::finger:

We know we took it from the seller - but then nothing, no scan from the pickup van to depot or then on - we'll check and call you back - As of now - nothing heard

emailed chap last night for tracking info - no reply

emailed chap again today - no reply,but he is working so may not reply till later

What do you reckon ? - if UPS have lost phone - who do they refund, me or the seller ??

Guess they'd refund him and then he'd refund you...

Not especially impressed with UPS...getting a phone shipped from Finland, it arrived next day as promised, but the tracking showed that it had gone from Finland to Germany, then back to Finland before being shipped to the UK!

Rob.

Get UPS's number from their site and call them - when UPS called you' date=' how do you know it was UPS and not the seller's mate?

[/quote']

Right there with ya! :)

Fortunately they rang my mobile - so was able to return the call and confirm that it was indeed UPS :thumbup:

they refund him (the seller) - assuming the goods are insured....

He say's they are insured, was a bit pi~~ed with him - I had asked for him to send by Royal Mail Special Delivery - I have used this service loads and its much easier to use and check.

I think he used them becuase his company have an account(bet the boss doesn't know ;) )

Mind you after seeing that program on 4 the other night about our fantasatic postal service including its so called "special delivery" service, I'd be very loathed to post anything through our Royal Mail!

Good luck with the phone dude!

Phones are regularly stolen from couriers - I had one go missing from Amtrak one time also. It's not really the seller's fault as far as I can see ... but irritating all the same.

Phones are regularly stolen from couriers - I had one go missing from Amtrak one time also. It's not really the seller's fault as far as I can see ... but irritating all the same.

The really stupid thing is - you have to state clearly what the item is :eek:

so all the theiving barstuards have to do is read!

On another tack re eBay: I bought three Ninja Turtle toys for my son's impending 6th birthday in June, these particular ones are hard to get here so bought from a seller who states in her listing 'Ships from USA'. I paid £10 to get the things here.

The first one turns up today and it's been posted in Barnsley at a grand cost of £1.15. I've emailed the seller advising I am less than happy and asking why I've been charged £10 when the postage looks to be less than half that.

Honestly, one bad person on there can really p*** you off for the week.

On another tack re eBay: I bought three Ninja Turtle toys for my son's impending 6th birthday in June' date=' these particular ones are hard to get here so bought from a seller who states in her listing 'Ships from USA'. I paid £10 to get the things here.

The first one turns up today and it's been posted in Barnsley at a grand cost of £1.15. I've emailed the seller advising I am less than happy and asking why I've been charged £10 when the postage looks to be less than half that.

Honestly, one bad person on there can really p*** you off for the week.[/quote']

As of 1st June - that will be expressly forboden in eBay law! -- punishable by banishing to the outer echelon - i.e off ebay :D

Oh she reckons the *other* 2 have been posted from the USA, and that's why it's cost me a tenner.

We shall see, then... bloody thieving madam. Grr.

Looks like I'm going to have to report the guy to eBay - have now left 3 emails over 2 days requesting the full UPS details so I can chase it............no reply

BUGGER :(

And people laugh when i refuse to use EBay :D

Have bought and sold many items without problem, will be able to claim but is obviously hassle

can save a lot of money i.e - retail price of P900 £515 ebay £385 - would have been nice to get it tho :confused:

Looks like I'm going to have to report the guy to eBay - have now left 3 emails over 2 days requesting the full UPS details so I can chase it............no reply

BUGGER :(

He might not be online every day? What's his feedback like? Just because someone doesn't immediately respond to emails (he might be chasing UPS himself) does not make him a bad seller.

Just out of Curiosity' date='

How much was the P900 ??

(Tell me to mind my own business if you like)

Graham[/quote']

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS :rofl:

Its there for anyone to see - £385 - seems to be around the price they go on ebay

He might not be online every day? What's his feedback like? Just because someone doesn't immediately respond to emails (he might be chasing UPS himself) does not make him a bad seller.

His feeback not too bad - 87% fair comment he may not be on-line, but if it were me I would have already provided the info !!

had a similar case with one of my customers - within 10 mins of her request she had all the info she needed including the link to check it out for herself!

but maybe thats just me - my reputation is worth a few minutes work - I am proud to have 100% feedback - I intend to keep it that way, if he doesnt respond by Monday I will leave extremely negative feedback and report to ebay - this will be included in the final email to him in the morning

eBay feedback

Excellent choice of phone, shame about eBay.. it took me over a year to 'moderately warm to' the whole concept.. so far my experience hasn't been too bad, although I have encountered my fair share of tw@s along the way..

Keep us posted

Ian

Seller has just contacted me, apparently UPS will contact me tomorrow to arrange some kind of insurance claim.

Although he still hasnt given me the tracking details - as he says he can't get them till he's back in work tomorrow!

All this after 3 unanswered e-mails - he e-mailed me 10 minutes after my requesting his contact details from eBay :mad:

Whats the sellers user ID and or the item number?

87% positive is a very low figure.

Don't want to sound pessimistic , but I don't fancy your chances of ever seeing the phone or the money.

UPS don't have a contract with you , they have one with the seller. If he were fully legit he should be refunding you , and claiming from UPS himself.

Little update.

Seller finally gave me UPS tracking details - not that they did me much good - But at least I now know what UPS stands for..... Useless Pile Sh.. you get the idea ;)

Anyway UPS have reffered me back to seller - who seems to have become deaf dumb and blind -- send 3 warning emails saying if no refund would report,followed up by a 4th giving 24 hrs notice - got absolutely nowhere. So I have tonight filed a complaint with Paypal -- will have to wait and see if I get any of my money back - even if Paypal come through I wont get all my money - will be lucky to see any!! :(

So UPS have admitted that they don't know where the parcel is? Then the seller should have no problem getting compensation out of them. Ofcourse he will need to be willing to pursue that... and by the sound of it he might indeed be not the best of sellers...