Vandalism

I was at work today with my Octy parked in the usual car park behind the office. One of my colleagues came in and advised me that the rear window was smashed. How can that happen when the car is parked? On closer examination it looks to me as someone had tried to break in as not only was there a point of impact but also the edges of the glass were broken as though someone had tried to lever the glass off. Oh well at least the insurance will sort it out but what aggro.

Why do people have to do it?

sorry to here your bad news but i really can't stand animals like this that like to damage/nick good peoples pridenjoys it really pi$$ me off the should have there hands cut off.

hope you get it sorted soon

As I said above, why stop at their hands? It's the only way.

Spear, there may be another explanation.

I spent 6 1/2 years in Sussex Police as an area car driver and never attended a theft or attempted theft via the rear window (windscreen). the quarter lights are always easier to do and give you access to the car, especially front ones.

I did, however, once drive my Corsa Sri into a car park in Southampton and due to a crimp stress point on the window frame, lost my rear window with a big bang. Being trained to dodge lead at the time, I thought it was a gunshot, and shat myself.

This could be another reason for the window going bang.

Billy:mad:

I've had that happen on an Astra too. Parked it up and was standing about 25 feet away a couple of hours later when it just went pop.

This happened my ex-wife's ****roen AX 1.4 D many moons ago; the rear window exploded outwards. Most of the glass shards were on the ground outside the car with little or no glass inside. I've never had an explanation.

This happened my ex-wife's ****roen AX 1.4 D many moons ago; the rear window exploded outwards. Most of the glass shards were on the ground outside the car with little or no glass inside. I've never had an explanation.

On the AX, its so flimsy that you should always close your air vents. A single rush of air caused by aero dynamic vortex's from a passing sparrow could enter the car via the open vents causing a rapid rise in internal air pressure thus forcing the rear window to shatter outwards. Those wacky French designers eh! :rofl:

Plus with an AX your bootlid would then drop off since the hinges are on the rear glass and the (plastic) lid is attached to that! (I've got 2 x AX GT's in my past catalogue!) :thumbup:

On the AX, its so flimsy that you should always close your air vents. A single rush of air caused by aero dynamic vortex's from a passing sparrow could enter the car via the open vents causing a rapid rise in internal air pressure thus forcing the rear window to shatter outwards. Those wacky French designers eh! :rofl:

Plus with an AX your bootlid would then drop off since the hinges are on the rear glass and the (plastic) lid is attached to that! (I've got 2 x AX GT's in my past catalogue!) :thumbup:

Those damn sparrows and butterflies, they should deported!

I knew some one that defied the local Audio dealers advice and put too large a sound system in his AX bout 12 years ago (my yoof as a driver).

The bass alone split the rear window, boot and roof!

Oh how we laughed. Was his mums AX Forte that he had sole use of and dressed up to look like a GT.