Launch Photos of New Superb...

rsbspt

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have seen pics of the interior in either autocar or auto express,it is really classy,you will NOT be dissappointed i was also led to believe that it will be availablie in hatchback and estate only.

Straight from Skoda .....combi expected next year (2009)

ive heard that it will be 35mm longer and 18mm wider than the old model. It stands at - 8mm lower and 42mm shorter than the model it replaces.

So its 35mm longer & 42mm shorter than the current model :rolleyes:

Just look at the link for the Passat CC that was posted earlier, iirc from earlier shots the inside is virtually identical.

From the interior spy shots of the Superb the design/layout looks similar to the Passat, except the VW looks a bit cheap in comparison.

Some more recycled pics for those that are interested...

Škoda Superb 2008: fotogalerie Flickr: Photos from Shoper

Škoda Superb 2008: Detaily Flickr Photo Download: skoda_detaily

Škoda Superb 2008: Karoserie zepředu Flickr Photo Download: skoda

Now if someone in here car find me the 40+ pics including quite a few of the interior I was searching for on this site" Blesk zveøejnil neoficiální fotografie nové Škody Superb | AUTO.CZ " it's worth at least a :cheers: when your over this way.

P.S. Don't click on any of those Babe links unless ur A not at work B lookin to get canned C " the missus is not around!!! OR the heck with it it was worth 2weeks on the sofa:sofahide:

Now if someone in here car find me the 40+ pics including quite a few of the interior I was searching for on this site" Blesk zveøejnil neoficiální fotografie nové Škody Superb | AUTO.CZ " it's worth at least a :cheers: when your over this way.

P.S. Don't click on any of those Babe links unless ur A not at work B lookin to get canned C " the missus is not around!!! OR the heck with it it was worth 2weeks on the sofa:sofahide:

those are the shots ive had for a while. pmsl at them though, blantantly obvious they were taken on the snide! you can see the bits of paper the photographer was using the hide his camera! :D

ahhhh...thats the same pics i have seen,were in auto express,good man:thumbup:nice isn't it?

Link doesn't work.

Have had a quick look on the Skoda forum on the VWVortex site and can't see any interior pics. Can't see photobucket hosted pics from work so apologies if they're there.

sorry about the link..never done one before ,obviously never did it this time either,the pics now posted of the interior are the same ones as i have seen though:thumbup:

Autocar mag feature the pics this week claiming the entry model likely to be 138bhp 1.4 (!!) TSI from the golf and likely vRS model with 3.6 V6 and 4WD - remember, spy shots posted here some months ago showed a mule in a stretched Octy body with twin twin exhausts!

Bit OTT for many though (what about the insurance?) but the thought of something a little more real world bhp with 4WD and DSG...hmmm...my cheque books getting fidgety, as long as the rear has the same legroom and the back end looks better in the metal - nice front though, very Beemerish

Autocar mag feature the pics this week claiming the entry model likely to be 138bhp 1.4 (!!) TSI from the golf and likely vRS model with 3.6 V6 and 4WD

thats the same early reports ive been getting too. i think they may well do a beefier version, maybe even a vrs but i hope to god they dont do a 3.6 and charge the earth for it!

If this is shorter wheelbase than before, they will have compromised it by using the Golf platform. which is what naffed up the new passat. (too larger rear overhang and offset steering wheel) :(

Although the pictures do not indicate the shorter platform?

Case of wait and see....

If this is shorter wheelbase than before, they will have compromised it by using the Golf platform. which is what naffed up the new Passat. (too larger rear overhang and offset steering wheel) :(

Although the pictures do not indicate the shorter platform?

Case of wait and see....

The Superb II is definitely based on the same PQ46 platform that the current B6 Passat is... Which is a lengthened & widened PQ35 Golf V platform... That said the B6 Passat gained 3/10ths of an inch in wheelbase length over the B5.5 it replaced 106.4-106.7in. As we might expect the Superb II to do as well 110.4-???.? !!! The Passat CC is actually likely to share the Superb IIs' wheelbase...:goodvibe:

I think the new Superb's wheelbase is longer than the Passat so the platform is not identical, you could be right, maybe it is the same as the CC.

All the early reports say the car handles well, certainly better than the old Superb.

I think the new Superb's wheelbase is longer than the Passat so the platform is not identical, you could be right, maybe it is the same as the CC.

Your right it is! The B6 Passat is 2710mm while preliminary specs show the Superb II at 2761mm. So still longer than the B6 Passat yet a bit shorter than the 2803mm of the original Superb... From my understanding VAG uses strategically placed spacers to create the extra space where they want it. As they did in the original Superb as well... Thus the Superb II is indeed on the same PQ46 platform yet with slightly varying dimensions! As for weather or not the Passat CC & the Superb will completely share their PQ46 platform dimensions only time will tell as they release this info up untill the upcoming motor shows... Yet the Passat CC is claiming increased Track width front & rear. So it seems reasonable to assume that they'd share!!!

The old Superb was on a stretched version of the old passat, and hence excelled in passenger cabin space. (and built like a tank)

The new one is shorter.

I do not believe a larger model car can be made successfully from a smaller class of car. Octavia is about as big as you can go on the Golf chassis.

Stretch it too far and compromises will show, eg suspension weaknesses.

As you see form the side I had to lose my Superb for a Mazda 5 :(. Good car, but hopelessly compromised by the Focus platform (and that is a great car)

Suffering from excessive tyre wear due to compromised geometry on a heavy car, the heating & ventilation are totally inadequate due to larger interior, and even the wiper motor struggles.

I so want a Superb again, But after being so disappointed with the new model Passat, it doesn't bode well.

Just love the way it looks though. Like a skoda should.