Skoda UK are currently selling the Roomster at an offer price of £1000 off RRP. I guess there might be room for further discount/negotiation on options or part exchange so if you're thinking of buying anytime soon you could get yourself a bargain!

So how does this actually work ? I brought by Roomster 3 1.9 TDI for £12,725 last October as opposed to the book price of £14,070. I thought that was a good deal.

So now they are £1000 off, does that mean that Skoda are selling the cars to the dealers for £1000 less and hence you could get even an even lower price or are the dealers giving more discount ?

I tend to think that Skoda must be letting the dealers have them cheaper since it is Skoda who are making the offer. So does that mean that you now get my spec for £11,725 if you haggle ?

Also does anybody know what my car actually would of cost the dealer, I'm just interested what profit is actually made on a new car. I paid for metallic paint, electric rear windows, roof rails, 3rd headrest, towbar, maxi dot, sunset glass, rubber door sill covers, boot mat, boot cover and mud flaps all on top at the book price, so my final OTR Price was £14,261 - so I had a big extras list, is that where the profit is made ? I'm still happy with the price and the car is fantastic.

18461.attach

they make nothing worth mentioning on options, simply the chassis profit itself. iirc most skodas seem to have 8 percent profit in them. and no they arent selling them to the dealers cheaper, but i suspect they are allowing some back end money if targets are hit.

the profits on new cars have shrunk considerably in recent years, hence the reason they go into so much depth on things like paint protection and GAP

nice choice of options on your roo :D

Yeah, you might get a deal if they are chasing their registration bonus.

I did paying about £12700 for a £14k RooScout with £1200 of options

time to buy is now for that. jan and feb are quiet months for new cars. people wanting 08 regs mean that the canny buyer gets a late 57 plate for a great discount ;)