Dump Valve 4 A Fabia Vrs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i must be a ch av then as i have an atmospheric DV on my mazda and i love it :)

so all the people on here that have octavia 1.8T's that like have cold air inlets and say they like hearing the DV's must be ch avs too, lots of them around aren't there?

but back on topic i wouldn't bother personally as they really are quite expensive for no gain other than the image but then again i spent £200 in total on a small spoiler on the back of my octavia simply because I thought it looks better and seeing as its my car thats all that matters right?

mate go listen to one and see if you like it if you can then buy based on that as everyones tastes are different :thumbup:

i must be a ch av then as i have an atmospheric DV on my mazda and i love it :)

so all the people on here that have octavia 1.8T's that like have cold air inlets and say they like hearing the DV's must be ch avs too, lots of them around aren't there?

Yes and yes.

HTH :D

Chris

Orta, I could not agree more. You might as well get the neons on at the same time, and perhaps a "rave" sticker in the back window ;)

In regards to money spent value, zero. Much better off allocating the funds elsewhere.

Is there any point, on a PD with a variable turbo the vanes are shut right down when off throttle so theres no boost remaining. Plus the DV needs to be electrnically operated as there is no vacum feed to open it when coming of the throttle.

Is there any point with any diesel? I stand to be corrected, but there's 2 reasons to have a dump valve:

1. To make people point and laugh.

2. To dump excess boost when the throttle is suddenly shut, to prevent turbo stall.

As diesels don't have a throttle, only (1) would apply.

Is there any point with any diesel? I stand to be corrected, but there's 2 reasons to have a dump valve:

1. To make people point and laugh.

2. To dump excess boost when the throttle is suddenly shut, to prevent turbo stall.

As diesels don't have a throttle, only (1) would apply.

That's the general feeling yes. It really is only aesthetic on a Diesel.

There are various physical advantages to fitting to petrol turbos but fitting to a derv can actually cause performance issues.

This is also one of those topics that is covered every few weeks.

I would tend to agree and I must admit in my younger days I did want a dump valve for one of my cars even through it was not a turbo.

The only cars you can get away with it are on a scooby IMHO.

Davy

If it wasn't a turbo, then what was it dumping?

Surley it wasn't One of these Evil pieces of equipment :eek:

Do you know what a DV does? Fitted right they can make quite a difference to a lot of petrol turbos not just the Farmers Favourite

It dumps break vacuum on a diesel, I can't see any performance downfalls but as already said you will look like an idiot.

So, the vacuum that is generated by a pump to operate the brake servo and the turbo VNT vanes gets dumped in order to make a whoosh noise?

Really?

That's clever. :rolleyes:

all you lot that are slating him for wanting this have obviously never bought anything shiney in terms of cloths, jewlery, electricals or anything like.

never fitted different wheels to car, never changed wheel trims, had windows tinted, never changed a stereo etc etc

its all about taste and don't get all high and mighty and up your own ar$es by saying you have taste and someone else doesn't as everyone has taste it just differers from person to person. if he wants a DV on his fabia let him do it for gods sake.

Actually the OP said:

"has anyone on this site put the diesel dump valve on there fabia vrs, available from forge motor sport, just intersted how it sounds on a deisel and if its worth putting on the car, nothing turns heads better than a dump valve going off "

...which is inviting opinions. However things do seem to get a bit personal and sidetracked as they so often do on here and there have been far more productive threads regarding this.

opinions are fine but calling people names for having a different taste is just silly in my opinion.

Bengie i agree wit you i thought modifying cars is all about being different and have your own tastes and being an individual and not just copying