converting files for ipod

Redfab

I have just got an ipod classic 80GB and I am unsure how to put music on it. Is there a way to drag and drop music files onto it? Do they need to be converted somehow first?

Surely I dont have to buy everything from itunes?

Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

If you don't want to use itunes there's a good alternative that i use... great if you just want to quickly stick some music on there without adding it to itunes etc first.

You can also add videos like youtube to it... just paste the link to it and it will download and convert it to ipod format!

Its called floola:

Floola

Also if you want to put videos on your ipod theres a great free program called videora ipod converter:

Videora Converter

This is the way I do it:-

Before I had an iPod, I ripped all music to Windows Media Player to mp3.

Now I have downloaded iTunes & it has transferred all mp3 files to it's library.

When I rip a new CD, I still use WMP but then add the file to iTunes after completion.

Then, if I want to add new music to the iPod, I just sync the new music to the iPod.

Cheers for all the extra ideas. Experimenting with it now. Love the idea of putting tv programs and films on it just trying to search for decent sources now.

I simply use iTUNES for importing music. It keeps folders organised by artist and album, and is generally a very polished bit of software, I love it.

Ok im doing quite well now, itunes seems to be ok after all, and the videora program is great for converting the video files thanks for everyones advice.

One problem i have come across though. In itunes I cannot get the files I have as tv episodes to go into the tv programs part. They automatically default to movie files and just go into the movies folder. I would prefer to choose what goes in Movies and what goes in tv programs. Any way I can do this?

Cheers.

Ok im doing quite well now, itunes seems to be ok after all, and the videora program is great for converting the video files thanks for everyones advice.

One problem i have come across though. In itunes I cannot get the files I have as tv episodes to go into the tv programs part. They automatically default to movie files and just go into the movies folder. I would prefer to choose what goes in Movies and what goes in tv programs. Any way I can do this?

Cheers.

tried myself to sort this, but have never been ablt to do it.

• 1 month later...
tried myself to sort this, but have never been ablt to do it.

I have cracked it!

Go into your Itunes movies section where they all are,

Right click on the one you want to move to tv shows,

Click Get info,

Click the video tab,

Change from Movie to TV show on the dropdown menu.

Then click ok/Apply/Save (cant remember!)

then its done!

I have cracked it!

Go into your Itunes movies section where they all are,

Right click on the one you want to move to tv shows,

Click Get info,

Click the video tab,

Change from Movie to TV show on the dropdown menu.

Then click ok/Apply/Save (cant remember!)

then its done!

Nice one, will try that later.