25k miles a year - Petrol or Diesel vRS?

Good point;

I fuelled my vRS TDI last night 480 miles at 41mpg. I used to fuel my Fabia 1.4mpi around 270 miles and 35mpg!

I must admit, that I do enjoy the fact that I am getting between 460 and 500 miles a tank in the Octy. In fact the main convenience in that is not having to worry about finding Shell or Tesco 99 station, and that when I am in cardiff for example I can do the trip there, back and the weekly commuting to and from the hotel without needing to fill up :)(feck ... did I just say that)

I am still a petrol "lover" though :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact the main convenience in that is not having to worry about finding Shell or Tesco 99 station, ....... I am still a petrol "lover" though :)

... but isn't it a bit tricky finding Shell V-Power Diesel still?

I drive past 2 Shell fuel stations with V-Power Diesel within 2 miles in NW London on my commute; but I don't have a Shell station within 10 miles of home in mid-Herts that I can easily fuel SWMBO's Doblo with, so have to plan a fill-up of that!

... but isn't it a bit tricky finding Shell V-Power Diesel still?

I drive past 2 Shell fuel stations with V-Power Diesel within 2 miles in NW London on my commute; but I don't have a Shell station within 10 miles of home in mid-Herts that I can easily fuel SWMBO's Doblo with, so have to plan a fill-up of that!

It is.... here in Preston I would be faced with a 10 mile drive to find V-Power derv (both local stations don't stock it), and once I move down to Wiltshire just finding a Shell station will be hard enough :(