Wing Mirrors - it cant be true, can it???

Just been to the garage for a service and asked them to look at my drivers mirror which makes a doing noise when shutting the door.

They said they took it apart and found nothing loose - end of apparently.

I then went to adjust my mirrors back as they were out after they looked at them. When i move the left one it just moves the left one. When i move the right one, they both move. I took it straight back. the mechanic looked at it and said "thats how they are"

They would do nothing about it....

Is this the case? Is it true?

Cannot be... Let me know anyone

p.s. i have a 07 Vrs TDI Occy

Yes that is correct.

You adjust the drivers side first, then the passenger side.

It is so you can dip them both at the same time to make reversing (so you can see the kerb's) easier,

Does anyone elses mirror make a doing noise when shutting the door. The garage say that is how it is due to the sprung loaded mirror....

Grrrrr

Does the passenger door do the same? or try one in the showroom, if they don't do it then you have a case.

When i move the left one it just moves the left one. When i move the right one, they both move. I took it straight back. the mechanic looked at it and said "thats how they are"
Older Mk1 Fabias do this, but newer Mk 1 Fabias allow you to adjust either L or R separately.

I dunno why they thought better of it on Fabias but not Octavias?

Yes that is correct.

You adjust the drivers side first, then the passenger side.

It is so you can dip them both at the same time to make reversing (so you can see the kerb's) easier,

and generally the way the angles work it also seems to mean quick adjustment for others driving your car.

I think it's a brilliant feature (had it on my Golf) and really miss it on the Fabia and my BM. Makes reversing into a space so much easier.

I am of course talking about moving both mirrors at once, not the 'doing' noise! ;)

My drivers side door mirror does make a slight 'boing' type noise when I close the door but I can only hear it if I am outside the car at the time, never worries about and as it has been doing it since new - 18months now - with no problems I am not worried.

That is RUBBISH!!!

not happy about that..

Does anyone elses mirror make a doing noise when shutting the door. The garage say that is how it is due to the sprung loaded mirror....

Grrrrr

No noise but the adjustment feature is correct and can be useful