Window opening from key fob?

hi all

does every octy have window closure/opening from the key fob?

mine doesnt work off fob but works when key is turned in lock and held in either lock or open positions

mines a 2001, was it not standard until later or is mine bust?

help/advice would be appreciated cheers

That KVW100 module looks good. It doesn't do as much as the Alientech one but it doesn't require any cutting and soldering and I think it might be cheaper too. I may have to invest in one of those myself...

I paid £21 from vagproducts.:thumbup:

Just as I'd originally said then! I was just a little confused when gadgetman said his did, I guess he neglected to mention he'd bough a 'gadget' to do it.

Nope, no gadgets bought.

The Mk2 will do the key fob thing as standard with the windows but unfortunately the Mk 1 only does it via the key in the lock as standard.

My Mk1 (2003 53 elegance) did it also from new. It's partly how I broke my rear windows on the Mk2 (lifter cable snapped lowing windows) - testing the Mk2 did it also :mad:

But you must press the corresponding button on the remote for more than 2 secs to start, and keep it held until it's done what you want. ;)