Whats it worth, MK1 Octavia 4x4

I am thinking of selling my Car, as the title says it's a MK1 4x4 hatch with 68000 on the clock, in Elegance spec, golden bronze in colour, brilliant car, had timing belt and water pump done by the dealer when I bought it, but due to a change in circumstances I now need an estate, so this may have to go. Need to know a rough price so as not to get done over by dealers really.

I am thinking of selling my Car, as the title says it's a MK1 4x4 hatch with 68000 on the clock, in Elegance spec, golden bronze in colour, brilliant car, had timing belt and water pump done by the dealer when I bought it, but due to a change in circumstances I now need an estate, so this may have to go. Need to know a rough price so as not to get done over by dealers really.

What year mate?

just for referance I payed £4000 for mine a month back

2001 Black with 62,000, and mint wih full service history.

:cheers:

What year mate?

just for referance I payed £4000 for mine a month back

2001 Black with 62,000, and mint wih full service history.

:cheers:

You didn't happen to buy a set of 17" vRS wheels for your 4x4 a couple of weeks ago?

Assuming 40K miles its

1.8T Elegance 4x4 5d Change

2002/52 Change

Average mileage: 40,000 miles Change

Original Price £15,500

Franchised Dealer £4,080

Independent Dealer £3,910

Private Good £3,640

Private Poor £2,925

Part Exchange £3,330

So with 68 miles you need to factor in quiet a large reduction on these.

I bought my 2002 (52) Octavia 4x4 1.8t Elegance from a trader on eBay last month, and paid £3,000. The car came with no warranty, but did have a full main dealer service history and only one previous owner (plus demonstrator). Very nice overall condition in dark blue metallic, albeit with slightly above average miles (83k).

Another similar car sold on eBay on Sunday for only £2,200. It was a 2002 (02) 1.8t 4x4 in Black Magic with one owner, FSH and 87k miles. Have to confess I was kicking myself somewhat when I saw what if went for!

Have to confess with these prices I'd rather be buying than selling right now!

I think that by and large, from what I've seen, cars go for less money on ebay than from buying through publications. I would try and sell through local papers, Auto T, etc long before I resorted to ebay to sell my car.

Do any of you think that ebay is a true reflection of a cars value?

Now buying, that's a different story of course......

eBay does seem to be a cheap option. Curiously, lots ending on Sundays tend to achieve substantially lower prices than those ending during the week and on Saturdays - a reflection on the number of people web-browsing while at work, perhaps?

On the subject of true reflections of value, eBay is probably the tip of the iceberg. With 150 BHP Golf GTIs retailing at twice the price of Octavia 1.8t models of similar age and mileage, I think the market's still pretty skewed when it comes to accepting the Skoda badge...

On another note - my beloved seems to have an intermittent problem with its electric sunroof sliding mechanism - seems that a bit of the mechanism is getting trapped, causing the safety system to cut in and preventing the roof from closing. Has anyone had this problem?

Ed