Porsche type acceleration....

jasc1988

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe people say between 20-40mph on a boxster 1.8, the 130 PD's torque matches it. Given the right circumstances, it's probably true... but then you'll get hammered out of that band. :)

And which Porsche Boxster uses a 1.8 engine? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

*** spanked? Eh? I might get my mate to log on with his Porsche Boxster S.

I pull on his very easy :D

I really need to have a play with a standard type r and see for myself ;)

lets not turn this into a fab vs. type r thread, theres 10 pages of that :thumbdwn:

I really need to have a play with a standard type r and see for myself ;)

lets not turn this into a fab vs. type r thread, theres 10 pages of that :thumbdwn:

I think you'll find there shouldn't be any Fabia vRS vs .... threads.

Although you keep ignoring the rules... :rofl:

Never mind.

I was tootling up to a roundabout t'other day and some small knobbed young man rammed himself up my exhaust pipe in his impreza

I prayed and prayed it was the 2.0 non turbo lame duck model.

Imagine my dismay as he stayed 2 inches from my bumper up to 70 and then flew by, STi stickers attached :(

.... my ass :thumbdwn:

What magazine stated the standard vrs had porsche type acceleration :rofl:

Just got my ass spanked by a Boxster S :thumbdwn:

Both Porsche and Skoda have exactly the same type of acceleration which is a vector quantity that is defined as the rate at which an object changes its velocity. An object is accelerating if it is changing its velocity.

HTH :D

Never mind.

I was tootling up to a roundabout t'other day and some small knobbed young man rammed himself up my exhaust pipe in his impreza

I prayed and prayed it was the 2.0 non turbo lame duck model.

Imagine my dismay as he stayed 2 inches from my bumper up to 70 and then flew by, STi stickers attached :(

I always pray for that aswell ;)

Theres actually one in my town, stickered up to the Maxx with 555 racing stickers... Doesnt have a bonnet scoop though... which would lead me to believe its the non - turbo.

I will bide my time :)

Oh and to add this 'race' occured when an A road changed to a dual carriageway, the flow of traffic was held up behind a tractor... when the tractor turned off the dual carriageway began and so did the fun ;)

Did the tractor win? :D

I think the quote was along the lines of the vRS having more torque than a Boxster. Sadly they're only talking about peak torque rather than the amount of torque delivered across the rev range where the Porsche wins hands down.

Did give a Boxster S a pasting in the Scooby though ;)

Chris

I've had some great battles with a few different Porsches on the Nurburgring. I think it all comes down to who's the biggest idiot. My technique is to reach the first bridge, disengage my brain, then floor it!