Yorkshire Coast Trip idea?

Skodaboy1983

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Whitby, cant quite remember the roads to get there is it from Thirsk over t'moors? good roads :):D:thumbup: be there if dates ok, going to some Stock Car do in July I think? not in whitby, lincs i fink?

Yes, Chips and Fish wi't skin on! (no mushy peas it makes you hyper)

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as I live in Scarborough, I'd have to be up for that. Marine Drive (between the North and South Bays) has lots of space and parking places for folks to huddle together. I can guarantee though it'll be on a weekend when we go to West Yorks to see the folks.:rolleyes:

I like Whitby, cant quite remember the roads to get there is it from Thirsk over t'moors? good roads :):D:thumbup: be there if dates ok, going to some Stock Car do in July I think? not in whitby, lincs i fink?

Yes, Chips and Fish wi't skin on! (no mushy peas it makes you hyper)

Aye, the road from Thirsk to the coast is superb (used to use it alot when I lived down that way), past the white horse. :) The last time I was down there I was in my work van and she didn't do hills, so it was quite entertaining.

I also remember there is a fantastic fish n' chip shop in Whitby.

I'd definitely be up for this if I'm able to make it (depending on work). it's been a while since I visited that part of the world.

• 1 month later...

Could be up for this depending when it is. And as a local Scarborough bobbie I could provide you with some do's, don'ts, where's and where nots!

The first where not (which has already been mentioned) is Marine Drive depending on time and day. On a sunny weekend the average speed on there is 10mph the whole way. It just gets rammed and would be pointless for a meet. And on a night you'll find a nice selection of novas, corsas and saxos all fully equipped with the latest in led washer light technology.

Possibly meet in Holbeck Car park then a drive out into the forestry towards Broxa. Fantastic viewpoint with opportunities to photograph cars against stunning backdrops. If you want a route planning let me know. I may be able to assist.

And if I am working I could even try an get the unmarked CID Octavia and make a sly drive to the meeting point :cool:

A nice little route to take us out of town could be quite good as i only really know the area heading back towards Bridlington

• 2 weeks later...
Ok folks when does this suit I was thinking august or september to allow the majority of holidays to be over from the tourists.

Davy

The later on in the season the better, but Scarborough seems to keep busy and going past the end of the holidays anyway.

As our esteemed local constable mentioned, Marine Drive can be busy and the Holbeck car park has a tea van (but no loos). There are a few Corsas and Chavaliers down on the seafront, but it would give them something to look at, plus they would be mightily confused by the whole thing.:thumbup:

Yella, I'm sure I've seen you around in the past as it is a very distinctive colour you have there.

How does September suit then??

I've yet to take the yellow beast to scarborough, and I'm coming from edinburgh and I beleive they are about to open a travel lodge there so I would be coming down for a long weekend I think.

Davy

I might manage to go to this, if I have any effin' money:(

Either day will do, as long as plenty of notice is given.

cool no worries mate, see what the general consenes is as I'm planning to make a weekend or long weekend of it.

Davy