Porting and polishing head

Anyone done it?

Was speaking to my stepdad about my garbage KKK turbo etc and he said he could get my head flowed and ported polished etc, tbh i have no idea what that would do, any of you guys know??

Said he could get it done from the lads that do the heads for the Ford / Coworth Rallye team?

Anyone?

Mine is, but it's not fitted yet. :o Still sitting shiny in a box. Hoping to do it over the Easter weekend. :cool:

Worth PM'ing jabba_luke as it was his porting on their vRS head which got me to do mine. :)

Do you expect any gains??

Might be worthwhile if i can get it done for peanuts, also fmic and uprated turbo's are looking good,

Can you get a garrett uprated turbo as i can get them cheapy cheap from the states ;)

Yer garret gt1749vb with fmic and remap, could see about 190bhp to 200bhp

Much better to send the garrett off to TD and get them to hybrid it, then you get 220bhp :D

Good, thats what i like to hear, basically im just waiting on my KKK to snuff it then will make a nightmare into a nice mod - basically same story as my clutch :rofl:

Stepdad knows a dude who deals direct with Garrett so can get the turbo's mucho cheapo :P:thumbup:

Whats TD dude and how much to hybrid it,

Might buy turbo now and get that done

Good, thats what i like to hear, basically im just waiting on my KKK to snuff it then will make a nightmare into a nice mod - basically same story as my clutch :rofl:

Stepdad knows a dude who deals direct with Garrett so can get the turbo's mucho cheapo :P:thumbup:

Whats TD dude and how much to hybrid it,

Might buy turbo now and get that done

Turbo dynamics :thumbup:

stage 1 200-220bhp = 395+vat

stage 2 220-240bhp = 450+vat

well worth it, exellent company to deal with, and their hold music is ace :rofl:

Turbo dynamics :thumbup:

stage 1 200-220bhp = 395+vat

stage 2 220-240bhp = 450+vat

well worth it, exellent company to deal with, and their hold music is ace :rofl:

Aye Carumba :eek::eek:

is there not just a higher rated turbo you can drop in :o

Aye Carumba :eek::eek:

is there not just a higher rated turbo you can drop in :o

The gt1749VB, off the ibiza cupra tdi and the pd150 golf. It has a stronger shaft and can handle abit more boost than the kkk or the garrett gt1749va.

Its really a pointless upgrade though as it will need mapping again. so cost of turbo @ approx 600 then another custom map at 500 then a fmic at 600 you might as well spend the bit extra and get the hyrbid :D

Oh man, this Fabia modding is a load of money :(

:rofl: You recon :confused:

Wait till you have spent as much as i have, then you realise how much it actually costs.

I recon this year i have spent near on 5k on mine on mods alone and its still not finished :(

:rofl: You recon :confused:

Wait till you have spent as much as i have, then you realise how much it actually costs.

I recon this year i have spent near on 5k on mine on mods alone and its still not finished :(

pah you spent nowt lad;)

if you get the head done,get them to fit larger valves:thumbup:

hurry up and fit yours jason,i want my new head;)

pah you spent nowt lad;)

if you get the head done,get them to fit larger valves:thumbup:

hurry up and fit yours jason,i want my new head;)

:rofl: You dont know what ive bought yet :P Just got word back from MR washbrook, the mappings a goer :D Cant wait now. We should merge cars, my power and your handling then show them scoobs something ;)

:rofl: You dont know what ive bought yet :P Just got word back from MR washbrook, the mappings a goer :D Cant wait now. We should merge cars, my power and your handling then show them scoobs something ;)
that will be rectified in due time,my new turbo is fit for over 280bhp,i just need to save some cash:thumbup:

My dad's friend's brother in law's sister, works for Garrett so I can get turbo's much cheaper than you.

Plus, my uncle's cousin's brother from a different mother ports Fabia heads for a living, and he used to work for Skoda world rally team, which means I can get them done cheaper than you.

Basically, what you think you know, I'll always know someone better who can do it for cheaper. :)

My dad's friend's brother in law's sister, works for Garrett so I can get turbo's much cheaper than you.

Plus, my uncle's cousin's brother from a different mother ports Fabia heads for a living, and he used to work for Skoda world rally team, which means I can get them done cheaper than you.

Basically, what you think you know, I'll always know someone better who can do it for cheaper. :)

That true or a complete pi55 take.... with your form Snoopie i'd say the latter, get back to bed. Daddies calling :rofl::thumbup:

Have a look at the threads on TDICLUB forums.

Whilst they seem to agree that doing something is better than leaving it as factory standard, a mere port and polish won't complete the job.

For the airflow requirements of seriously modified cars running large turbos at high boost, larger valves are needed.

Also worth pointing out that porting heads eases gas flow. So I'm afraid it's another mod that's going to add to the strain on the fagile K39 turbo and likely push it into overspeed or overboost to destruction.

J.

That true or a complete pi55 take.... with your form Snoopie i'd say the latter, get back to bed. Daddies calling :rofl::thumbup:

No? Why would I take the ****, if you have something to say... then say it too the face of ... my uncle's cousin's brother from a different mother, just because he's not here to defend himself.