Fabia Options

Hi All,

Newbie here. I'm going to order a new Fabia 1.9tdi Sport tomorrow and I'm after a bit of advice.

I'm looking at possible having the options of climate control and maxi-dot, but wanted some advise on the pro's and cons of both. Are they worth the money in terms of what you get, "luxury" factor and impact on re-sale.

Many thanks for your help. :thumbup:

Martin

Im not sure about climate , as long as a car has aircon then I think thats enough for most 2nd hand buyers , but Maxidot really brightens up the dash of the new Fabia , it would be one of the 1st options I would order , If I wasnt going for a 3. (not that I am...yet...lol)

I would go for maxidot too from previous comments made about the dash.

The maxidot is nice, it came as standard on my Fabia 3

But the maxidot on the Fabia II is really only cosmetic, it doesen't have any real functions like the Maxidot on the Octavia for example

Climate is nice, but yet again I wouldn't spec if it didnt come standard

Definatley go for ESP and rear discs and also rear electric windows:thumbup:

Not sure if climate control would fix it but on my Fabia 2 find the heating controls are rubbish - either too hot or too cold. Very hard to get a decent temp. Find that the only way to stop it blowing out hot or cold air is to close all the 'face' vents and select that as the output option. Having the fan set to 0 doesn't stop the air coming through!

Thanks I will do - after I've given it a good clean of my own, as from my experience of car dealer valeters (well Renault anyway), you're beter off getting a bunch of boy scouts to prep it for delivery.

Cheers

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
But the maxidot on the Fabia II is really only cosmetic, it doesen't have any real functions like the Maxidot on the Octavia for example

:

What do you mean by this? what functions does it not have that are present on the Octavia? I ask the question because I am thinking of getting a Fabia 14TDi 3 Estate and one of the things I am hoping for is the same range of trip computer functions as the Octavia has. For example, the trip computer that shows cumulative MPG over the journey since starting the car is really handy for maximising economy and I wouldn't want to be without it - good mpg in these times of rocketing fuel costs is my main reason for getting a smaller car like the Fabia.

What do you mean by this? what functions does it not have that are present on the Octavia? I ask the question because I am thinking of getting a Fabia 14TDi 3 Estate and one of the things I am hoping for is the same range of trip computer functions as the Octavia has. For example, the trip computer that shows cumulative MPG over the journey since starting the car is really handy for maximising economy and I wouldn't want to be without it - good mpg in these times of rocketing fuel costs is my main reason for getting a smaller car like the Fabia.

Fabia/Roomster maxidot does all the normal trip computer stuff (average mpg, current mpg, average speed, time driven, miles driven that journey) plus radio information and written warnings (ie, low fuel e.t.c.)

It also looks much nicer than the standard dash and in my opinion is worth the extra to lift the look of the dash-pod.

That's good news - I wonder what it is that it doesn't do in that case? Your list sounds pretty complete!

I think you can't change anything with the maxidot on the Fab. Ie. alarm, locking settings, stuff like that.

I think you can't change anything with the maxidot on the Fab. Ie. alarm, locking settings, stuff like that.

No you can't. You still need Vag com or alternative for that

Maxi dot and climate are standard on the 3 I think. Would a Sport with both of those as options cost more than a 3? Just a thought.

Yes, Maxidot and climatronic are standard on 3.

Thanks for the comments :thumbup:

I've ordered without either climate or maxidot, just gone for the standard spec on a 1.9 Tdi Sport in Anthracite Grey - hopefully collect in 2 weeks.

Martin

I've got a 3 in the same colour.