Roomster discs

drspock

Just taken delivery of a new roomster 3, and it appears to have disc brakes on back and front.

Havn't mentioned it to suppliers just in case I may look stupid.:o

Manual says disc front and drum brakes rear, am I missing something.:o

I don't think it is a goof, all 1.9 Tdi's have discs. I don't have ESP either.

It is the 1.4 petrols that are drum/disc depending on ESP. As I said earlier all 1.6 petrol's and 1.9 diesel's have discs.

I don't think it is a goof, all 1.9 Tdi's have discs. I don't have ESP either.

Ahh! Guess it's not the same as the FabiaII then.

It is the 1.4 petrols that are drum/disc depending on ESP. As I said earlier all 1.6 petrol's and 1.9 diesel's have discs.

Well wouldn't know about that 100% as we don't get anything other than the 1.6 & 1.9TDI in the Roomster... Yet didn't think ESP was available on the 1.2 & so forth...

Sorry no ESP on my Roomster 3.

It's a 1.6 petrol engine, wonder why they have put discs on the rear, does anybody know the official explanation.

Wonder if I can claim a refund or compensation as they have sold me something different to what was described in the brochure,;);)

By the way anybody interested in buying a fixing kit for roof rails on a roomster.

Yet didn't think ESP was available on the 1.2 & so forth...

You can spec a Roomster 1 1.2 with ESP as a £340 option

Mind you it says you can't spec a Scout 1.9 with cruise.

Sorry no ESP on my Roomster 3.

It's a 1.6 petrol engine, wonder why they have put discs on the rear, does anybody know the official explanation.

Wonder if I can claim a refund or compensation as they have sold me something different to what was described in the brochure,;);)

By the way anybody interested in buying a fixing kit for roof rails on a roomster.

Are you in the UK?

Stuff varies from market to market. The only Fabia with rear discs and ESP and standard is the 1.6 Tiptronic, all other models is a cost option,

Don't know how you managed to get rear discs without ESP!

Are you in the UK?

Stuff varies from market to market. The only Fabia with rear discs and ESP and standard is the 1.6 Tiptronic, all other models is a cost option,

Don't know how you managed to get rear discs without ESP!

Yep, UK based and UK spec.

Maybe I should contact Skoda direct for an explanation, sure there is something in sale of goods act. ;);)

Having standart rear disc brakes depends on which country the car is exported to (for bigger engines they are standart). For example, here in Bulgaria, all small engined Skoda cars are equiped with rear drum brakes - doesn`t matter if it`s Octavia, Fabia or Roomster. My 1.4 TDI Roomster has rear drum brakes, I`ve seen a Roomster Scout 1.6 petrol, with ESP and drum brakes too :thumbdwn:.

Having standard rear disc brakes depends on which country the car is exported to (for bigger engines they are standard). For example, here in Bulgaria, all small engined Skoda cars are equipped with rear drum brakes - doesn't matter if it's Octavia, Fabia or Roomster. My 1.4 TDI Roomster has rear drum brakes, I've seen a Roomster Scout 1.6 petrol, with ESP and drum brakes too :thumbdwn:.

Are you sure?:rolleyes: Is it not more likely you mistook the disc/drum combo :cool: VAG uses though-out their line-up as drum only. Don't believe the ESP is mated to a drum only rear braking system...:confused:

• 1 month later...
I have a 1.4 Deisel Roomy 2. It does not have ESP & has discs all round. Do the rear discs have a small drum in the centre for the handbrake? I know you cannot have a hydraulic handbrake on a road car.

Nope, the handbrake is operated via a cable mech which controls the pads.